New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBUF
Issued 12/9/2016 10:04 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 12/11/2016 6:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbuf 101146
including the cities of...oswego...watertown
646 am est sat dec 10 2016
...lake effect snow advisory remains in effect from 1 pm this
afternoon to 6 am est sunday...
* locations...jefferson county...close to the lakeshore and
south of the city of watertown.
* timing...from this afternoon through late tonight.
* accumulations...1 to 2 inches this afternoon and 2 to 4 inches
tonight...leading to storm totals of 3 to 6 inches in the most
persistent lake snows.
* winds...south 5 mph or less.
* visibilities...below a half mile at times.
* impacts...lake effect snow will produce accumulations of snow
on area roadways and poor visibilities at times...resulting in
hazardous travel conditions.
in lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow
in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. if you will
be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in
road and visibility conditions.
report snow accumulation to the national weather service in
buffalo by sending an email to email@example.com...posting
to the nws buffalo facebook page...or tweet...using the hashtag