Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Coastal/Lakeshore Hazard Messages by KDTX
Issued 10/31/2014 1:48 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/1/2014 12:00 PM America/New_York.
whus43 kdtx 311748
148 pm edt fri oct 31 2014
...lakeshore flood advisory in effect until noon edt saturday...
the national weather service in detroit/pontiac has issued a
lakeshore flood advisory...which is in effect until noon edt
* lake shore flooding...water levels have rebounded in lake huron
with recent averages running around 24 inches above chart datum.
sustained northerly winds of approximately 30 mph will impact
the southern lake huron basin through late tonight leading to
rising water levels. current forecasts suggest that water levels
may reach 18 inches above recent averages or 42 inches above
* timing...the highest water levels are expected to impact the
southern lake huron shoreline areas tonight around midnight
* impacts...possible beach erosion with minor lakeshore flooding.
with recent water levels this event may be comparable to october
* a lakeshore flood advisory indicates that onshore winds will
generate flooding of low areas along the lakeshore.
* prepare...plan...and stay informed.