New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Coastal/Lakeshore Hazard Messages by KGYX
Issued 5/26/2019 3:36 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 5/26/2019 8:00 PM America/New_York.
whus41 kgyx 260847
coastal york-coastal cumberland-coastal rockingham-
447 am edt sun may 26 2019
...beach hazards statement remains in effect from noon edt today
through this evening...
* timing...from noon edt today through this evening.
* location...cumberland county maine coast southward to the new
* beach hazard...the warm air temperatures in the mid 60s to mid
70s may cause people to underestimate the dangers of the cold
water temperatures which are currently only in the upper 40s
to around 50 degrees.
* winds...west 10 to 15 mph becoming locally onshore during the
* impacts...the cold water temperatures can quickly cause
hypothermia to anyone immersed in the water. anyone on boats
or paddlecraft should use extreme caution to avoid this threat.
a beach hazards statement is issued on days when a significant
number of boats and paddlecraft are expected to be out on the
water and when warm air temperatures may cause people to
underestimate the danger of the cold water. paddle smart from the
start. always wear your life jacket. be aware of wind conditions,
tides, and localized currents.