New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 1/16/2017 2:49 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/19/2017 4:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kmfr 190244
northern and eastern klamath county and western lake county-
central and eastern lake county-
including the cities of...alturas...beatty...bly...
644 pm pst wed jan 18 2017
...high wind warning remains in effect until 4 am pst thursday...
...wind advisory remains in effect until 4 am pst thursday...
* winds...south 45 to 55 mph with gusts to 70 mph in the warning
area...south 35 to 45 mph with gusts to 55 mph in the advisory
* timing...winds will be strongest through this evening...then
gradually subside late tonight.
* locations in the warning include...highway 31 between paisley
and silver lake...summer lake...and the higher terrain of
winter rim and the warner and hart mountains.
* locations in the advisory include...alturas...bly...lakeview
silver lake...including portions...of highways 97...31... 395...and
* impacts...strong winds will produce hazardous driving
conditions...especially for lightweight and high profile
vehicles. loose materials could become airborne and blow away.
* view the hazard area in detail at http://weather.gov/medford/hazard
a high wind warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage. travel will be
impacted... especially for high profile vehicles.
a wind advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. winds this strong can make driving
difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. use extra