New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 3/20/2018 2:17 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 3/23/2018 11:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kmfr 230550
northern and eastern klamath county and western lake county-
central and eastern lake county-
1050 pm pdt thu mar 22 2018
...wind advisory remains in effect from 11 am to 11 pm pdt
* winds...strong south winds of 25 to 35 mph with gusts to 50
* timing..strong and gusty winds will develop again late friday
morning through friday evening. winds will be strongest friday
afternoon and evening.
* locations include...portions of lake and eastern modoc
counties. in lake county, this includes, highway 31 from
summer lake to paisley, highway 140 east of adel, and portions
of highway 395 north of the 31 and 395 interchange to alkali
lake. in modoc county this includes, highway 299 east of
alturas over the warner mountains.
* impacts...strong, gusty winds will make travel difficult,
especially for high profile vehicles. unsecured objects will
be blown about.
* view the hazard area in detail at
a wind advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. use extra