Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KLKN
Issued 12/19/2014 1:00 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/22/2014 4:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus45 klkn 192100
northern elko county-
100 pm pst fri dec 19 2014
...winter weather advisory in effect from 4 pm this afternoon to
4 pm pst monday above 6500 feet...
the national weather service in elko has issued a winter weather
advisory for snow and blowing snow|above 6500 feet...which is in
effect from 4 pm this afternoon to 4 pm pst monday.
* snow accumulations: 8 to 18 inches through monday. locally 2
feet on favored mountains and northwest facing slopes.
* timing: the heaviest snow is expected from late saturday
afternoon through midday sunday. the strongest winds are
expected sunday into monday.
* other impacts: travel to the higher terrain will become
difficult beginning late saturday. heavy snow and blowing snow
will make travel very difficult...and outdoor recreation
dangerous...saturday night through sunday morning. snow and
strong west to northwest winds will continue sunday and monday.
a winter weather advisory means that travel difficulties are
expected due to wintry conditions. be prepared for slippery roads
and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. for the
latest road conditions call 511 or visit www.nvroads.com.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KSTO
Issued 12/18/2014 2:58 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/20/2014 4:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus46 ksto 200358
west slope northern sierra nevada-
758 pm pst fri dec 19 2014
...winter weather advisory now in effect until 4 am pst saturday
above 6000 feet...
* snow accumulations: up to an additional inch or two from highway
50 southward. little additional accumulation along interstate 80.
* elevation: above 6000 feet.
* timing: snow showers continue tonight...mainly south of
* locations include: echo summit...carson pass.
* winds: south 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* impacts: road conditions will be slick due to snow. travel
delays expected with chain restrictions.
* for a detailed view of the hazard area...visit
a winter weather advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibility...and use caution while
interact with us via social media