New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMTR
Issued 10/18/2020 10:24 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/23/2020 8:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus86 kmtr 191757
santa cruz mountains-
1057 am pdt mon oct 19 2020
...fire weather watch in effect from late wednesday night through
friday morning for for the potential for gusty
offshore winds and dry conditions for fire weather zone 512...
the national weather service in san francisco has issued a fire
weather watch...which is in effect from late wednesday night
through friday morning.
* affected area...fire weather zone 512.
* wind...north to northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
winds will be stronger overnight. locally stronger winds are
possible over the higher ridges and peaks.
* humidity...daytime humidities in the 25-35% range with overnight
humidities dropping to the 15-20% range.
* highest threat...locations with high fuels in the santa cruz
* impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
a fire weather watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. listen for later forecasts and possible
red flag warnings.