Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 11/24/2014 4:19 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/27/2014 7:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 252014
eastern essex ma-western norfolk ma-southeast middlesex ma-
suffolk ma-eastern norfolk ma-northwest providence ri-
southeast providence ri-western kent ri-
including the cities of...gloucester...foxboro...norwood...
314 pm est tue nov 25 2014
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 7 am wednesday
to 7 am est thursday...
* locations...include eastern and southeastern massachusetts as
well as northern and central rhode island.
* hazard types...snow.
* accumulations...ranging around 3 to 6 inches with a trace of
* timing...rain initially beginning around daybreak changing over
to a wintry mix of snow and sleet by midday into afternoon
before changing to all snow by evening. snow tapers off into
* impacts...this storm will significantly impact holiday travel
making driving dangerous at times. visibilities in heavy snow
expected to be significantly reduced to one quarter mile or less
* visibilities...one half mile or less at times.
* winds...north 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
a winter weather advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are
expected to be light. any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. when
temperatures are below freezing...motorists need to be especially
careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily