Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 12/13/2013 4:27 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 12/15/2013 1:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 132114
northern bristol ma-western plymouth ma-southeast providence ri-
western kent ri-
including the cities of...taunton...brockton...providence...
414 pm est fri dec 13 2013
...winter storm watch now in effect from saturday afternoon
through sunday afternoon...
* locations...include portions of southeast massachusetts and
northern rhode island.
* hazard types...a period of heavy snow followed by period of
sleet and freezing rain.
* accumulations...snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches...along
with around a trace of ice.
* timing...snow overspreads southern new england around midday
saturday...becoming steadier and heavier around midnight sunday
continuing into early sunday morning. there is the potential for
a period of mixing with sleet and freezing rain by early sunday
morning in the watch area...before concluding sunday morning.
* impacts...low visibilities at times due to snow. hazardous
traveling conditions will exist.
* winds...northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* uncertainty...prevails as the exact timing of the snow
transition to a wintry mix remains unknown. this will ultimately
impact snow accumulations which at this present time remain
around the threshold of advisory- or warning-level snows. thus
the watch continues.
a winter storm watch is issued for the potential of accumulating
snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period...or 8 or more
inches in a 24 hour period. anyone traveling in the next 24 to
36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify
travel plans should winter weather develop.