Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 3/2/2015 3:38 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 3/4/2015 10:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 031527
southern bristol ma-southern plymouth ma-barnstable ma-
washington ri-newport ri-
including the cities of...fall river...new bedford...
1027 am est tue mar 3 2015
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 3 pm this
afternoon to 10 am est wednesday...
* locations...south coastal rhode island and massachusetts.
* hazard types...snow...sleet and freezing rain.
* accumulations...1 to 3 inches of snow.
* timing...snow begins this evening and then transitions to
sleet and freezing rain from south to north during the
overnight hours before changing to rain tomorrow morning.
* impacts...untreated roads will be snow covered and slippery
this evening and may impact the tail end of the evening
commute. sleet and freezing rain expected overnight into
tomorrow morning may make for slippery conditions and
significant weight on area rooftops as a transition to rain
* visibilities...one quarter to one half mile at times.
a winter weather advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are
expected to be light. any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. when temperatures
are below freezing...motorists need to be especially careful on
bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily develop.