New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 2/6/2016 4:21 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 2/9/2016 7:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 070948
western plymouth ma-eastern plymouth ma-southern plymouth ma-
barnstable ma-dukes ma-nantucket ma-
including the cities of...brockton...plymouth...mattapoisett...
448 am est sun feb 7 2016
...winter storm watch remains in effect from monday morning
through tuesday morning...
* locations...southeast massachusetts including cape cod and the
islands. this includes the cities and towns of brockton...
plymouth...mattapoisett...chatham...falmouth and provincetown.
* hazard types...snow.
* accumulations...there is the potential for 6 to locally 10
inches of snow across the watch area monday and monday night.
* uncertainty...the amount of ocean-effect enhanced snow banding
remains uncertain. in addition...a slight westward shift in the
track of an ocean storm could increase amounts while a track
farther east could reduce amounts.
* timing...snow overspreads the watch area late tonight toward
daybreak and continues into monday night.
* impacts...anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should
monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans.
* winds...northeast 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* visibilities...may be reduced at times to one-half mile or less.
occasional white-out conditions are possible with near zero
a winter storm watch is issued for the potential of accumulating
snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period...or 8 or more
inches in a 24 hour period. anyone traveling in the next 24 to
36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify
travel plans should winter weather develop.