Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 11/24/2014 4:19 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/27/2014 7:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 260910
eastern essex ma-western norfolk ma-southeast middlesex ma-
suffolk ma-eastern norfolk ma-northwest providence ri-
southeast providence ri-western kent ri-
including the cities of...gloucester...foxboro...norwood...
410 am est wed nov 26 2014
...winter weather advisory remains in effect until 7 am est
* locations...the boston to providence corridor.
* hazard types...snow and sleet.
* accumulations...a slushy snow accumulation an inch or two
* timing...rain heavy times this afternoon will change to a period
of snow and sleet this evening. heaviest precipitation occurs
between 1 pm and 8 pm.
* impacts...this storm will significantly impact holiday travel
making driving dangerous at times. visibilities in heavy snow
expected to be significantly reduced to one quarter mile or
less at times.
* uncertainty...high uncertainty on snowfall accumulations given a
wintry mix of rain...snow and sleet.
a winter weather advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas...but accumulations are
expected to be light. any snow or ice would result in slippery
conditions on untreated roadways and sidewalks. when
temperatures are below freezing...motorists need to be especially
careful on bridges and overpasses where slippery spots can easily
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KOKX
Issued 11/24/2014 3:47 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 11/27/2014 1:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kokx 261024 cca
northern new london-southern fairfield-southern new haven-hudson-
eastern bergen-eastern essex-eastern union-southern westchester-
new york (manhattan)-bronx-northern queens-
523 am est wed nov 26 2014
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 7 am this
morning to 1 am est thursday...
* locations...new york city...southern westchester
county...coastal southwest connecticut...portions of northeast
new jersey...and northern new london county.
* hazard types...snow.
* accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 5 inches.
* timing...a mixture of rain...snow and sleet this morning
should change to primarily snow by late afternoon. there may be
periods of rain and sleet mixing even into the early evening hours.
* impacts...the snowfall will significantly impact holiday
travel...making driving dangerous at times.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while