Lynnhaven Pier Overview
Windsurfers: see details at http://www.windvisions.com/chicks.html
*First Landing State Park(Chesapeake Bay,NW to NE winds)Beginners to Advanced Riders
-Respect other Beach Goers,Locals,Swimmers,&Surfers.Give 100' buffer to all.Be courteous to non-kiters
-Assist Other Kiters "Whenever" Neccessary
-Kiteboard within YOUR Limits
-Know a few Self-Rescue Techniques.(H20 relaunches,swimming in, bodydragging in)
-Always Do A Preflight Check over your Gear
-Don't Ride if Wind is Blowing Offshore
-BE AWARE OF WEATHER CONDITIONS(approaching storms,fronts,lightning & offshore winds)
- Ride & Stay outside of swimmers/surfers,Stay Away from Crowds.
- Follow standard Right of Way Rules:Left Hand/foot forward riders give way to Right Hand/foot forward riders
- Upwind riders stay clear of those Downwind(kiters,swimmers,surfers)
- Give Launching Kiters Right of Way,Stay outside if someone is Launching.
- Board leashes are Dangerous-Don't use one without a HELMET
- Assist other kiters with launches & landings. Use "Thumbs Up" signal for Launch
Local Expert? Edit this Page!