Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBTV
Issued 1/31/2015 3:05 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 2/3/2015 1:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbtv 011808
western essex-eastern essex-washington-western addison-orange-
western rutland-windsor-eastern addison-eastern rutland-
including the cities of...lake placid...port henry...
randolph...rutland...springfield...white river junction...
108 pm est sun feb 1 2015
...winter storm warning remains in effect from 1 am monday to
1 am est tuesday...
the national weather service in burlington continues the winter
storm warning for moderate snow...from 1 am monday to 1 am est
* locations...central and south-central vermont...and essex
county new york
* hazard types...moderate to heavy snow.
* accumulations...8 to 12 inches of snow.
* maximum snowfall rate...1 to 2 inches per hour...mainly monday
morning through early afternoon.
* timing...snow will develop during the pre-dawn hours on
monday...and continue throughout much of the day. snow should
taper off to snow showers from west to east monday evening.
* impacts...difficult travel conditions due to snow covered
roadways and low visibility.
* winds...north 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* temperatures...lows tonight zero to 10 below zero. highs on
monday 5 to 10 above. lows monday night of zero to 10 below.
* windchill temperatures...10 to 20 below zero tonight. zero to 15
below on monday.
* visibilities...down to one-quarter mile at times during the
a winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. only travel in an
emergency. if you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...
food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
please stay tuned to noaa weather radio...your local media...or
go to www.weather.gov/burlington for further updates on this