New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KHNX
Issued 1/21/2017 10:03 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/23/2017 8:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus46 khnx 231716
kern county mountains-sierra nevada from yosemite to kings canyon-
tulare county mountains-
including the cities of...tehachapi...camp nelson...
916 am pst mon jan 23 2017
...winter storm warning now in effect until 8 pm pst this
* locations...southern sierra nevada above 3000 feet.
* hazard types...heavy snow and blowing snow.
* accumulations...additional snow accumulation 2 to 5 inches.
* winds...west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* timing...periods of heavy snow will be possible due to scattered
showers and isolated thunderstorms. snow levels will lower to
* impacts...the snowfall will create slippery and snow covered
a winter storm warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected or occurring. significant amounts of snow
are forecast that will make travel dangerous. only travel in an
emergency. if you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...
food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KSTO
Issued 1/23/2017 8:00 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/24/2017 4:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus46 ksto 231600
urgent - winter weather message
national weather service sacramento ca
800 am pst mon jan 23 2017
...mountain snow showers today into tuesday...
.snow showers will continue today into early tuesday as an upper
level disturbance impacts the area. periods of moderate to heavy
snow showers will be possible in the mountains.
shasta lake area / northern shasta county-
burney basin / eastern shasta county-
mountains southwestern shasta county to northern lake county-
western plumas county/lassen park-
west slope northern sierra nevada-
including the cities of shasta dam, burney, alder springs,
chester, quincy, and blue canyon
800 am pst mon jan 23 2017
...winter weather advisory in effect until 4 am pst tuesday...
the national weather service in sacramento has issued a winter
weather advisory for snow above 3000 feet, which is in effect
until 4 am pst tuesday.
* timing...through early tuesday morning.
* locations...areas above 3000 feet.
* main impact...slippery snow covered roads.
* snow accumulations...4 to 8 inches of snow will be possible
above 3000 feet.
* other impacts...brief periods of very low visibility in heavy
a winter weather advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KVEF
Issued 1/17/2017 2:46 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/23/2017 4:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus45 kvef 231141
eastern sierra slopes-
including the cities of...aspendell...mt whitney
341 am pst mon jan 23 2017
...winter storm warning remains in effect until 4 pm pst this
* timing...heavy snow still possible at times today before tapering
off later this afternoon.
* snow accumulations through monday...6 to 12 inches above 4000
feet...1 to 2 feet above 6000 feet...2 to 4 feet above 8500
* winds...southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 45 mph. stronger
gusts near the sierra crest.
* impacts...snowfall will create difficult travel conditions in
the mountains due to slick roads and low visibility. road
restrictions or closures may be needed.
check road conditions before departing and stay up to date on the
latest forecast. use caution when traveling...be prepared for
snow covered roads and limited visibilities.