New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 4/3/2020 1:58 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 4/5/2020 5:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus46 kmfr 041903
north central and southeast siskiyou county-
1203 pm pdt sat apr 4 2020
...winter storm warning remains in effect until 5 pm pdt sunday...
* what...heavy snow. additional snow accumulations between 6 -
11 inches. winds gusting as high as 35 mph over exposed
* where...north central and southeast siskiyou county at
elevations generally above 5000 feet to include medicine lake.
* when...until 5 pm pdt sunday.
* impacts...travel could be very difficult.
* view the hazard area in detail at
* travel is strongly discouraged because of dangerous conditions.
* if you must travel, keep tire chains, a flashlight, blankets,
food, water, medications, and a fully charged phone with you.
* the safest place during a winter storm is indoors.
* a winter storm warning means that severe winter weather is
occurring and poses a threat to life and property. take
protective action now.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KREV
Issued 4/2/2020 12:23 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 4/6/2020 12:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus45 krev 042209
including the cities of bridgeport, coleville, and mammoth lakes
309 pm pdt sat apr 4 2020
...winter storm warning remains in effect from noon sunday to
noon pdt monday...
* what...heavy snow expected. total snow accumulations of up to 6
inches above 5500 feet, with 1 to 2 feet along and west of
highway 395 above 7000 feet. local amounts to 3 feet possible at
the crest. winds could gust as high as 50 mph in the lower
elevations and up to 90 mph over sierra ridges.
* where...mono county.
* when...from noon sunday to noon pdt monday.
* impacts...travel could be very difficult. strong winds could
cause some tree damage.
* additional details...travel in the sierra is strongly
discouraged this weekend. please stay home, be safe.
avoid travel if possible, you could be stuck in your vehicle for
many hours. if you must travel, prepare for long delays and carry
an emergency kit with extra food, water and clothing. if you stay
home, have a backup plan in case of power outages.
the latest road conditions can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KSTO
Issued 4/2/2020 2:19 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 4/6/2020 11:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus46 ksto 041903
burney basin / eastern shasta county-
western plumas county/lassen park-
west slope northern sierra nevada-
1203 pm pdt sat apr 4 2020
...winter storm warning remains in effect until 11 am pdt monday
above 4500 feet...
* what...heavy snow expected. travel will be very difficult to
impossible. total snow accumulations of 1 to 3 feet, with
localized amounts up to 4 feet, are expected.
* where...eastern shasta county, western plumas county/lassen
park, and west slope northern sierra nevada.
* when...11 am today to 11 am monday.
* additional details...be prepared for significant reductions in
visibility at times, chain controls, and possible road
a winter storm warning for snow means there will be snow covered
roads and limited visibilities. travel is not recommended while
the warning is in effect. if you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.the latest road conditions for the state you are
calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.