New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMTR
Issued 10/18/2020 10:24 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/26/2020 11:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus86 kmtr 250641
coastal north bay including point reyes national seashore-
north bay interior valleys-san francisco bay shoreline-
san francisco peninsula coast-east bay interior valleys-
santa clara valley including san jose-northern monterey bay-
1141 pm pdt sat oct 24 2020
...red flag warning remains in effect from 8 pm sunday to 11 am
pdt monday for strong winds and critically low humidity for
valley and coastal areas of the greater san francisco bay area...
* affected area...areas below 1000 feet in the greater bay area
including the north/east/south bay valleys as well as the city
of san francisco.
* timing...winds will increase late sunday afternoon as winds
mix down from the hills then peak sunday night into early
* winds...northeast 20 to 30 mph with gusts 40 to 50 mph.
* relative humidity...8-18 percent with little or no humidity
recovery through tuesday.
* impacts...any fires that develop will have dangerous rates of
spread. make plans now should you need to evacuate your
a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. a combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.