Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KSGX
Issued 3/10/2014 1:41 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 3/12/2014 2:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 ksgx 121113
orange county coastal areas-
san bernardino and riverside county valleys-the inland empire-
san bernardino county mountains-santa ana mountains and foothills-
413 am pdt wed mar 12 2014
...wind advisory now in effect until 2 pm pdt this afternoon...
the wind advisory is now in effect until 2 pm pdt this afternoon.
* winds...areas of north to northeast winds 20 to 30 mph with
gusts to 50 mph. isolated gusts to 60 mph...mainly in the
coastal foothills of the santa ana mountains.
* timing...winds strongest and most widespread from after sunrise
through late morning...then diminishing during the afternoon.
* location...mainly near the coastal foothills of the san
bernardino county mountains...the coastal foothills of the santa
ana mountains...and below the cajon and banning passes.
* impacts...the winds will make driving difficult...especially
for motorists with high profile vehicles. watch for broken
tree limbs and other debris.
* report...the strongest gust overnight has been 51 mph at fremont
canyon in the coastal foothills of the santa ana mountains at 4 am.
* outlook...weaker north to northeast winds will persist into thursday.
a wind advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. winds
this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high
profile vehicles. use extra caution.