Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KHNX
Issued 12/3/2013 2:52 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/7/2013 10:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus46 khnx 060630
kern county mountains-
1030 pm pst thu dec 5 2013
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 4 am to 10 pm
pst saturday above 1500 feet...
a winter weather advisory above 1500 feet remains in effect from
4 am to 10 pm pst saturday for the kern county mountains.
* snow accumulations: 3 to 7 inches above 1500 feet. some snow
accumulations near 1000 feet.
* timing: snow will begin late friday night...with heavier snow
developing during the morning saturday. snow is expected to
taper off during evening saturday.
* locations include: frazier park...tehachapi...lake isabella...
interstate 5 over the grapevine...highway 58 through tehachapi
* winds: gusts around 50 mph through mountain passes and higher
elevations will cause drifting and blowing snow at times.
* impacts: slick and snow covered roads with winter driving
conditions are likely. motorists should anticipate travel
delays and possible road closures.
* for a detailed view of the hazard area...visit
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KLOX
Issued 12/5/2013 2:29 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/8/2013 3:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus46 klox 060622
ventura county mountains-
los angeles county mountains excluding the santa monica range-
including the cities of...lockwood valley...mount pinos...acton...
1022 pm pst thu dec 5 2013
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 6 am saturday
to 3 am pst sunday...
* timing...snow will begin saturday morning...peak in the late
morning and early afternoon...and turn to scattered showers by
late afternoon. showers will continue through the early
morning hours sunday...especially near the kern county line.
* accumulations...3 to 6 inches above 4500 feet. 1 to 3 inches
between 3000 and 4500 feet. a mix of rain and snow possible as
low as 2500 feet.
* winds...west to northwest 15 to 30 mph with gusts up to 55
mph...strongest saturday afternoon into sunday morning in and
around the interstate 5 corridor area and over the higher
* impacts...the combination of low elevation snow and gusty
winds will make travel hazardous through the mountains. major
routes through the mountains...including interstate 5 through
the tejon pass and highway 2 through the san gabriels are
expected to receive at least a light accumulation of snow
during the advisory period.
a winter weather advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. use caution when traveling... especially in open