New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Red Flag Warning; Fire Weather Watch by KMTR
Issued 9/22/2017 10:45 AM US/Pacific.
Valid through 9/27/2017 5:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus86 kmtr 251039
east bay hills and the diablo range-
339 am pdt mon sep 25 2017
...red flag warning remains in effect until 5 pm pdt wednesday
for low humidity and gusty winds for fire weather zone 511...
* affected area...fire weather zone 511.
* wind...northeast winds 10 to 20 mph...gusts 25 mph. strongest
overnight and morning hours.
* humidity...lowering to around 15 percent afternoons with poor
recovery overnight...generally less than 30 percent.
* highest threat...is located over the east bay hills above
1000 ft where winds will be strongest. downed powerlines in
remote areas will likely cause new fire starts.
* impacts...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
outdoor burning is not recommended.
a red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. a combination of
gusty winds and low relative humidity can contribute to extreme