New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 6/22/2017 3:00 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 6/25/2017 8:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kmfr 230345
western siskiyou county-central siskiyou county-
central douglas county-eastern curry county and josephine county-
eastern douglas county foothills-jackson county-
south central oregon cascades-
siskiyou mountains and southern oregon cascades-
including the cities of roseburg, green, myrtle creek,
canyonville, glendale, grants pass, steamboat, toketee falls,
medford, ashland, and union creek
845 pm pdt thu jun 22 2017
...excessive heat warning remains in effect from 11 am saturday
to 8 pm pdt sunday...
...heat advisory remains in effect from 11 am saturday to 8 pm
* temperature...afternoon highs will be as high as 109 in valley
locations. overnight lows will be in the mid to upper 60s so
relief from the heat will be limited.
* locations in the warning include...medford, ashland, grants
pass, lost creek lake, glendale, tri-city and seiad valley.
* locations in the advisory include...roseburg, camas valley,
powers, prospect, steamboat, yreka, happy camp and weed.
* impacts...long outdoor exposure will increase chances for heat
related illness, especially for sensitive groups and people
without access to ac. heat stress possible for livestock with
limited relief from the heat overnight. area waterways running
very cold and fast, increasing risk for hypothermia and water
* view the hazard area in detail at
* beat the heat, check the backseat. never leave people or pets
* rivers are dangerously cold and have strong currents. wear a
lift jacket if swimming.
* monitor older adults, young children and those who are sick.
* take plenty of rest breaks in shad or air conditioning.
* drink water before, during and after activities.