New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMFR
Issued 10/17/2017 10:36 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/19/2017 11:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kmfr 180536
northeast siskiyou and northwest modoc counties-klamath basin-
including the cities of tulelake, altamont, and klamath falls
1036 pm pdt tue oct 17 2017
...wind advisory in effect from 11 am to 11 pm pdt thursday...
the national weather service in medford has issued a wind
advisory...which is in effect from 11 am to 11 pm pdt thursday.
* winds...south to southwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* timing...winds increase thursday morning, peak thursday
afternoon and evening, then subside thursday night.
* locations include...tulelake, altamont, klamath falls and
* impacts...travel will be difficult for lightweight and high
profile vehicles. loose outdoor objects or materials will be
* view the hazard area in detail at
a wind advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected with
higher gusts possible. winds this strong can make driving
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles. use extra
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KPQR
Issued 10/17/2017 2:24 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 10/18/2017 11:00 PM US/Pacific.
wwus76 kpqr 181027
north oregon coast-south washington coast-
including the cities of astoria, cannon beach, tillamook,
netarts, pacific city, raymond, long beach, ocean park, naselle,
cathlamet, and cape disappointment
327 am pdt wed oct 18 2017
...high wind warning in effect from noon today to 11 pm pdt this
evening near beaches and headlands...
the national weather service in portland has issued a high wind
warning near beaches and headlands, which is in effect from noon
today to 11 pm pdt this evening.
* beaches and headlands...south 30 to 40 mph with gusts 60 to 65
* coastal communities...south 25 to 35 mph with gusts 50 to 55
* timing of strongest winds...3 pm to 8 pm.
* impacts...damaging winds could result in downed limbs and
power lines. isolated power outages are possible. travel will
be made more difficult...especially for higher profile
a high wind warning means a hazardous high wind event is expected
or occurring. sustained wind speeds of at least 40 mph or gusts
of 58 mph or more can lead to property damage.