New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:|
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Marine Weather Warning by KMFR
Issued 1/9/2020 2:14 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/31/2020 10:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus76 kmfr 280446
coastal waters from florence to cape blanco or out 10 nm-
waters from florence to cape blanco or from 10 to 60 nm-
846 pm pst mon jan 27 2020
...gale warning remains in effect until 4 am pst tuesday...
...small craft advisory remains in effect from 4 am tuesday to
10 pm pst friday...
* what...south winds 35 to 40 kt, with very steep wind-driven seas
between 15 and 17 feet. winds shift to the southwest and
decrease through tuesday morning, with seas becoming steep 13 to
15 ft at 15 seconds.
* where....all areas.
* when...the gale warning is in effect until 4 am pst tuesday. the
small craft advisory is then in effect from 4 am tuesday to 10
pm pst friday.
* impacts...strong winds and very steep seas could capsize or
damage vessels. low visibility conditions are expected.
* view the hazard area in detail at
mariners should alter plans to avoid strong winds and very steep
seas. remain in port, seek safe harbor, alter course, and/or
secure the vessel for severe conditions.
Latest Marine Weather Warning by KPQR
Issued 1/23/2020 9:04 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 1/28/2020 4:00 PM US/Pacific.
whus76 kpqr 272223
columbia river bar-
223 pm pst mon jan 27 2020
...small craft advisory now in effect until 4 pm pst tuesday...
* what...rough bar conditions expected.
- general seas...10 to 12 ft, building to 12 to 14 ft this
evening. seas easing to 10 to 12 ft tue morning.
- first ebb...around 615 pm this evening. seas to 15 ft with
- second ebb...around 7 am tuesday. seas to 15 ft with breakers
* where...in the main channel of the columbia river bar.
* when...until 4 pm pst tuesday.
* impacts...conditions will be hazardous to small craft
especially when navigating in or near harbor entrances.
small craft should use extreme caution when navigating in or near