Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KAKQ
Issued 12/6/2013 3:20 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 12/8/2013 7:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus41 kakq 072017
including the cities of...cambridge...salisbury
317 pm est sat dec 7 2013
...winter weather advisory in effect from 7 am to 7 pm est
the national weather service in wakefield has issued a winter
weather advisory for sleet and freezing rain...which is in effect
from 7 am to 7 pm est sunday.
* areas affected: include dorchester and wicomico
* hazards: sleet and freezing rain
* accumulations: a tenth of an inch or less of ice is expected along
with a light accumulation of sleet.
* temperatures: 30 to 34 degrees.
* timing:a mix of sleet...and snow is expected to begin sunday
morning...changing to freezing rain and sleet...then becoming
just rain by sunday afternoon.
* impacts: hazardous travel conditions are probable due to slick
roads and icy conditions sunday.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of sleet and freezing
rain will cause some travel difficulties. be prepared for slippery
roads and use caution while driving.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KLWX
Issued 12/6/2013 12:07 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 12/9/2013 7:00 AM America/New_York.
wwus41 klwx 071757
district of columbia-frederick md-carroll-northern baltimore-
harford-montgomery-howard-southern baltimore-prince georges-
prince william/manassas/manassas park-fairfax-
king george-northern fauquier-southern fauquier-
including the cities of...washington...frederick...westminster...
1257 pm est sat dec 7 2013
...winter storm watch remains in effect from sunday morning
through monday morning...
* precipitation type...snow and sleet will change over to
freezing rain and then to rain.
* accumulations...1 to 2 inches of snow. ice accumulations
greater than a quarter inch possible.
* timing...snow and sleet are expected to begin sunday morning.
a changeover to freezing rain is expected sunday afternoon and
will continue into the night before changing over to rain late
sunday night or monday morning.
* temperatures...around 30.
* winds...northeast 5 mph or less.
* impacts...hazardous travel conditions are probable due to
slick roads and icy conditions sunday and possibly into
monday. increased power outages are possible.
a winter storm watch means there is a potential for significant
snow...sleet...and ice accumulations that may impact travel.
continue to monitor the latest forecasts.