Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Marine Weather Warning by KPHI
Issued 3/10/2014 3:36 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 3/13/2014 8:00 PM America/New_York.
whus71 kphi 111938
delaware bay waters north of east point nj to slaughter beach de-
delaware bay waters south of east point nj to slaughter beach de-
338 pm edt tue mar 11 2014
...gale warning in effect from 7 pm wednesday to 8 pm edt
...small craft advisory is cancelled...
the national weather service in mount holly has issued a gale
warning...which is in effect from 7 pm wednesday to 8 pm edt
thursday. the small craft advisory has been cancelled. the gale
watch is no longer in effect.
* locations...delaware bay.
* winds...west 20 to 30 kt with gusts up to 45 kt.
* timing...the strongest winds will occur with and behind a strong cold
front that will sweep through wednesday evening. the gusty winds
will continue through the day thursday. winds are not expected
to continuously subside below gale criteria until late thursday
afternoon or thursday evening.
* seas...2 to 4 feet except 5 feet on the lower part of delaware bay.
* freezing spray...light freezing spray is expected thursday morning.
* squall line..there is a small chance for a squall line with
isolated severe thunderstorms producing wind gusts to near 50 kt
late wednesday afternoon or early wednesday evening.
a gale warning means winds of 34 to 47 knots are imminent or
occurring. operating a vessel in gale conditions requires
experience and properly equipped vessels. it is highly
recommended that mariners without the proper experience seek safe
harbor prior to the onset of gale conditions.