New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KBOX
Issued 12/11/2016 4:02 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 12/12/2016 1:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus41 kbox 110902
western norfolk ma-northwest providence ri-
including the cities of...foxborough...norwood...foster...
402 am est sun dec 11 2016
...winter weather advisory in effect from 7 pm this evening to
1 pm est monday...
the national weather service in taunton has issued a winter
weather advisory for snow and a mix of light ice...which is in
effect from 7 pm this evening to 1 pm est monday.
* locations...northern rhode island, as well as portions of
norfolk county in massachusetts.
* hazard types...light snow and freezing rain.
* accumulations...snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches...along with
around up to a tenth of inch of ice.
* timing...snow will begin overnight, with the changeover to
freezing rain occurring during the early morning hours. the
freezing rain will transition to straight rain thereafter.
* impacts...the mix of light snow accumulations and freezing rain
will lead to hazardous conditions especially on untreated
* visibilities...one quarter to one half mile at times.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow...sleet...or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while