New iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KDLH
Issued 4/25/2017 4:01 AM US/Central.
Valid through 4/27/2017 12:00 PM US/Central.
wwus43 kdlh 262248
including the cities of ashland, hurley, and phillips
548 pm cdt wed apr 26 2017
...winter weather advisory now in effect from 4 am to noon cdt
* locations...ashland, hurley, park falls and phillips.
* timing...rain will change to freezing rain and sleet, possibly
mixing snow at times, and continue through thursday morning.
* ice accumulations...around one quarter of an inch.
* snow accumulations...up to 1 inch.
* winds...north 5 to 10 mph.
* impacts...ice and snow accumulations will create treacherous
driving conditions. the weight of the ice and snow on tree
limbs and power lines could produce numerous outages.
a winter weather advisory for mixed precipitation means a mixture
of freezing rain...snow and sleet is expected. small
accumulations of snow and ice are expected on untreated roads and
sidewalks. anyone with travel plans should be prepared for
slippery roads and reduced visibility. slow down when driving and
allow for extra stopping distance because you may lose control of
your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KFGF
Issued 4/25/2017 3:25 PM US/Central.
Valid through 4/26/2017 7:00 PM US/Central.
wwus43 kfgf 262231
clay-north beltrami-north clearwater-south beltrami-mahnomen-
south clearwater-hubbard-west becker-east becker-wadena-barnes-
including the cities of moorhead, red lake, redby, ponemah,
bagley, clearbrook, bemidji, mahnomen, naytahwaush, waubun,
alida, ebro, lake itasca, long lost lake, lower rice lake,
roy lake, upper rice lake, park rapids, detroit lakes, wolf lake,
wadena, menahga, valley city, fargo, lisbon, enderlin, gwinner,
milnor, forman, and rutland
531 pm cdt wed apr 26 2017
...winter weather advisory remains in effect until 7 pm cdt this
* timing...expect a wintry mix to continue, diminishing around 7
* snow and ice accumulations...additional snow accumulations of
up to 1 inch and ice accumulations of a glaze are expected.
* winds / visibilities...look for reduced visibilities at times.
* impacts...plan on slippery road conditions...including during
the evening commute.
a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities, and use caution while
driving. the latest road conditions for the state you are calling
from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KMQT
Issued 4/26/2017 4:50 AM America/New_York.
Valid through 4/27/2017 1:00 PM America/New_York.
wwus43 kmqt 261952
including the cities of copper harbor, ontonagon, houghton,
hancock, l'anse, ironwood, iron river, kenton, and sidnaw
352 pm edt wed apr 26 2017 /252 pm cdt wed apr 26 2017/
...winter weather advisory remains in effect from 7 pm edt /6 pm
cdt/ this evening to 1 pm edt /noon cdt/ thursday...
* although mainly light rain or drizzle mixed with freezing rain
over higher terrain is expected this evening, the precipitation
will increase again late tonight into thursday morning.
freezing rain is expected over much of western upper michigan
with additional ice accumulations of one-tenth to one-quarter
of an inch. higher terrain locations from ironwood to copper
harbor to herman that will have temperatures below freezing
would see the greater ice amounts. in iron county, the most
freezing rain and icing will occur over western portions of the
county, including iron river.
* sleet and snow may mix with the rain and freezing rain late
tonight into thursday morning, especially over far western
upper michigan. at this time, only minor snow accumulations
are expected on thursday.
* most of the ice accumulation into thursday morning will occur
on elevated surfaces such as trees and power lines.
* untreated roads still may develop a thin glaze on them, so
use caution if traveling especially where air temperatures
are at or below freezing.
* a winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet,
or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties.
* prepare, plan, and stay informed. visit www.weather.gov/mqt