Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KAPX
Issued 5/23/2013 4:02 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 5/24/2013 12:15 AM America/New_York.
wwus73 kapx 232002
including the cities of...petoskey...cheboygan...charlevoix...
lake city...houghton lake
402 pm edt thu may 23 2013
...frost advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 8 am edt
a frost advisory remains in effect from 2 am to 8 am edt friday.
* areas of frost will develop late tonight as temperatures fall
into the upper 20s to middle 30s. the coldest temperatures will
be away from the great lakes...and in the low lying areas protected
from wind...with isolated spots possibly experiencing a hard
freeze as well.
* cold temperatures may damage or kill sensitive vegetation if
proper precautions are not taken.
* a frost advisory means that frost is expected. sensitive
outdoor plants may be killed if left uncovered.
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KGRB
Issued 5/23/2013 3:53 AM US/Central.
Valid through 5/23/2013 10:00 PM US/Central.
wwus73 kgrb 231920
southern marinette-southern oconto-
including the cities of...sturgeon bay...appleton...green bay...
220 pm cdt thu may 23 2013
...frost advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to 7 am
* low temperatures in the lower to middle 30s are expected
across the area tonight. temperatures could be a couple
degrees warmer along the shores of the bay of green bay and
* winds will be diminishing overnight. if they go calm before
sunrise...frost will likely form. frost can damage cold-
* even though frost is not a certainty...anyone who has
purchased cold-sensitive plants for the summer growing season
should protect the plants tonight to ensure their survival.
a frost advisory means that frost poses a risk to cold-sensitive
plants. sensitive vegetation that is left unprotected could be
damaged or killed. if possible...shelter any such plants in a
garage or shed overnight. if that is not possible...cover the
plants with a tarp or cloth.
Latest Non-Precipitation Watch/Warning/Advisory by KGRR
Issued 5/23/2013 12:42 PM America/New_York.
Valid through 5/23/2013 11:45 PM America/New_York.
wwus73 kgrr 231943
including the cities of...ludington...baldwin...reed city...
clare...fremont...big rapids...mount pleasant
343 pm edt thu may 23 2013
...frost advisory remains in effect from 1 am to 7 am edt
* temperatures will fall into the 31 to 36 degree range late
* areas of frost can be expected.
* damage to unprotected tender vegetation is possible.
* a frost advisory is issued when frost is expected to develop
during the growing season. those with agricultural interests
in the advised area are advised to harvest or protect tender
vegetation. also... potted plants normally left outdoors
should be covered or brought inside away from the cold.