Global iWindsurf: Select your region for wind observations & forecasts:
North America |
South America |
Australia & Oceania |
Latest Winter Weather Watch/Warning/Advisory by KPQR
Issued 12/11/2013 9:27 PM US/Pacific.
Valid through 12/13/2013 7:00 AM US/Pacific.
wwus46 kpqr 121206
western columbia river gorge-central columbia river gorge-
406 am pst thu dec 12 2013
...winter weather advisory now in effect from 1 pm this afternoon
to 7 am pst friday for the columbia river gorge...
the winter weather advisory for freezing rain is now in effect
from 1 pm this afternoon to 7 am pst friday.
* timing...areas of freezing rain will develop early this
afternoon across the western columbia river gorge...and then
spread into the central columbia river gorge by mid afternoon.
* ice accumulation...around one-tenth of an inch.
* ice melting...temperatures are expected to warm above freezing
late thursday night.
* confidence...moderate for the western columbia gorge. high for
the central columbia gorge.
* impacts...freezing rain will create icy roadways and
walkways...especially for the evening commute.
a winter weather advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while