myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Learning how to "turn"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jose-Luis

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Learning how to "turn" Reply with quote

Born and raised in Spain. After 6 years in the US Ive decided to go back to windsurf. I live in Evanston. 14 years ago, in Valencia and Tarifa, I almost got it right but never did. Now I live in Evanston, use the NU sailing club and their boards to get back to it. Any advice on turning (word in Spanish is trasluchar) technique? It is frustrating to drop the sail after a fantastic plane because I am unable to learn how to turn. (Next I want to learn the waterstart before moving to lighter boards)

Help and patience with my ignorance appreciated.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Learning how to Reply with quote

Get some videos by Peter Hart or Alan Cadiz. Or if someone at NU could show and give you some tips. Words over the forum probably will not help as much as a lesson or the videos.
hi-tech

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Learning how to Reply with quote

Jibing with Alan Cadiz on Maui will help you learn jibing quickly. It is 45 minutes of all instruction. Lots of unique camera angels. Love the POV camera. Makes you feel like you are doing the jibe, not just watching someone else do it. Also like that he doesnt mind demonstrating the common mistakes and falling in. Helps short-cut the process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: