myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
What's wrong with SF winds?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vtm99

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Its almost May, and no winds....
I am going to cry =(
jse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Not sure where you sail, but Ive had about 20 days of sailing since mid March. Yesterday, I was hammered on a 5.0 at Pt. Isabel. Sunday, 3 hours at Larkspur. Granted, most of the sailing Ive done is in storms, but its still a lot of fun. Would be nice to have some sunny days, dry NW winds, but Ill take what I can get.

Steve
carl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Jse,
It must be El Nino. I believe the same thing happened last time in 1998. You just need to be more flexable and go when/where the wind is. Half Moon was great on sunday, I almost had the place to myself, where were you?
rigatoni

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Come on guys. His point is pretty accurate. One shouldnt need to be chasing storm winds this time of year. I thought late-March was as good as Ive ever seen it at Crissy with some good days in early-April. However, late-April (the last two weeks) has pretty much sucked.
carl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:24 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

The Wind Mistress is temperamental this year, deal with it! All were saying is that there IS wind out there if you look out of your usual sailing spot and/or get a bigger sail. Ive gotten 20 days this year and thats (so far) been only on weekends. (but I also laugh when people say their biggest sail is 6.0).
jse

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 5:57 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Hey, wind is wind. The storms Ive sailed have been clean, strong and consistent. Most of the time there hasnt been any rain, but when it is raining, no big deal, Im already wet. My only complaint is that some warm sunny weather would be nice to dry out the back of my waterlogged vehicle and kill the fungus growing between my toes.

Steve
wyndsurfer

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

This is ElNino weather partern catch a clue.
starfish

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:33 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

JUST say NO to 6.0 I am 198 lbs and have 27 day or so......
carl

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 4:07 pm    Post subject: RE: What's wrong with SF winds? Reply with quote

Man, whats your secret? Where are you sailing? Most of those days must be during the week, the weekends have been bad news. Im 200lbs and can count on one hand the days 6.0 and below. Youre not the guy who sails the Starboard Start are you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: