myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Gloves?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikemcd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Gloves? Reply with quote

I bought a pair of Neil Pryde full fingered gloves 2 years ago as I was getting huge blisters on my fingers. Last fall I wore clear through the gloves, and the blisters returned! I dont think they ever really fit me right as they kept bunching up on my fingers (too big?). Now that I am looking for replacements, does anyone have any recommendations? What do most people use for summer gloves/winter gloves? Where do you get them? Thanks, Matt- MA
shredin'ned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Gloves? Reply with quote

You might try Harken Black Magic gloves - they come in different sizes, give a good grip on the boom, & dont wear out - available at West Marine stores.
gemoore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Gloves? Reply with quote

I have a BIG problem with blisters. Had it in my feet back when I was a marathoner, too. Soft skin, I guess. Ive tried LOTS of gloves, and for summer gloves there is only one to get: Ronstan. Try West Marine.

Ive worn *1* pair of Ronstan gloves for two (!) years of moderately heavy use. Ive worn through the leather on one fingertip. The stitching is made of Kevlar thread, and NONE of the stitching has failed. With the exception of the fingertip, the leather is pristine. I got a pair as back up for the day when the old ones wear out, but am still waiting to use the new ones....

No windsurfing gloves even come close to the longevity of these things. None. Same price, too ($20 US). They come with three full-fingered tips, and thumb / index fingertips exposed (good for easily tying knots). Theyre made for sailing real boats, not sailboards, but who cares?

In winter, I use Glacier Gloves, though they dont come close to being satisfactory. Problem with winter gloves is that they dont let go of the boom. Too much friction / adhesion. It would be really nice to have a pair of winter gloves that were thing and had the friction of leather on the palms and had neoprene on the backs, but Ive not seen such a glove....

GEM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: