myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
rockin way late

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cinda

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:08 pm    Post subject: rockin way late Reply with quote

just wondering if anybody else deals w/ this:after a day of sailing, espesh on big swells ,im rockin at my keyboard ,rockin in bed(not in a good way) and sometimes even the next day.been sailing all summer and its not getting better.how do i get my land legs back?
Maxke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 1:52 pm    Post subject: RE: rockin way late Reply with quote

Well I have the same thing but I have just realised that if you start to SURF IT IS LIKE YOU`VE SOLD YOUR SOUL TO THE DEVIL it has it good sides and bad ones to
gemoore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2001 6:28 pm    Post subject: RE: rockin way late Reply with quote

This is common among boaters. Ive never heard of a windsurfer having it, but its not that surprising I think. It likely represents some kind of persistent stimulation in your vestibular apparatus (the part of your inner ear responsible for sensing motion), though I suppose it could also be due to the parts of the brain that process this sensory input.

The first thing I would try is scopalamine / dramamine patches...that are sold for motion sickness. I know people who use accupressure bands that go on their wrists who claim that this helps them prevent motion sickness....the mechanism of how this works being based on oriental theories of nerve function. I dont understand it, but if it works, so what.

GEM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: