myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
MIDTOWN MANHATTAN???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ducati

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2001 1:04 pm    Post subject: MIDTOWN MANHATTAN??? Reply with quote

I have a client near Rockefeller Center in New York City and would like to sail after a business meeting. Has anyone windsurfed on the Hudson? Any info on launch sites in the City? Lets hook up for a session, okay? Should I bring or rent?
snorring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 10:05 pm    Post subject: RE: MIDTOWN MANHATTAN??? Reply with quote

No Windsurfing in the hudson that I know you can check out the boat house on the hudson around Canal St. they Kayak there and thatt the only possible launch area. You need to bring your gear no rental in NYC , try Brooklyn that the closest or plumb beach.
hurwitba

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 7:54 am    Post subject: RE: MIDTOWN MANHATTAN??? Reply with quote

rentals in and around manhattan are non existent.ive seen a few guys sailing off the 79th street boat basin.watch the currents and the water quality in the hudson.plumb beach in brooklyn off the belt parkway is the closest to a new york urban sailing experience.it gets good thermal winds and is 20mins. from downtown manhattan in off peak traffic.
smfishman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2001 10:41 am    Post subject: RE: MIDTOWN MANHATTAN??? Reply with quote

I live in Manhattan (Tribeca) and have often asked about windsurfing on Hudson. People always say they see a windsurfer or two - may be its urban legend, but I think its done. At least one place to launch is the boathouse. Its a public dock generally used by kayakers. Id like to try it some time. If your client is interested, have him contact me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: