myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
F2 Powerglide vs Fanatic Bee 144

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quattro

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 9:06 am    Post subject: F2 Powerglide vs Fanatic Bee 144 Reply with quote

Id be interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed the 2001 version of these boards. How do they perform for you?
motogon

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2001 10:39 am    Post subject: RE: F2 Powerglide vs Fanatic Bee 144 Reply with quote

Fanatic BEE 144 - great board. I love it!
jsmin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2001 10:21 am    Post subject: RE: F2 Powerglide vs Fanatic Bee 144 Reply with quote

I have a Powerglide 280...it is fast! Also pretty stable in non-planing conditions...I can even get upwind pretty easy in low wind off a plan. Powered up it flies. Seems pretty durable...much more so than a Techno 293 I tried. Stock 40 cm fin is solid and seems pretty rangy for me at 160#, but I had to sand the edges of the base down to get it in the powerbox just right. I am still dialing it in, was a little suprised by how fast it was at first...had some wild full spead bailouts...and had to figure out how to slow down a bit in 20-30 mph wind. Seems to accelerate almost instantly once the fin is loaded...took some getting used to. I have not been out in lighter wind, but imagine it should go in 10-20. All in all seems like a very fun board with a lot of potential for an advanced beginner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: