myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Florida, did you wavesail?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
captainjc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2001 12:07 pm    Post subject: Florida, did you wavesail? Reply with quote

Hello from a jupiter local. I was wondering how the wavesailing was these last couple days. Was west coast Marco island good and did anybody sail near venice or elsewhere, was it blown out or classic(actually i live for blown out)? Life with a baby kept me from going over this time but Im making arrangements. I sailed Hobe Sound on tuesday and it was great. It was side off but filled in mostly with head high set waves, long, fast, down the line rides and so smooth in the troughs because of offshore winds, not much jumping. I just needed other sailers to join me. Looking forward to any reports. thanks
jimkoontz

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2001 5:00 pm    Post subject: RE: Florida, did you wavesail? Reply with quote

Sun.mar.5th Tiger Tail 30+ knots,4 wave sailors, they were stoked.I watched and poured peroxide on torn right shin (from Sundays 25-30 knots)C.Dog
captainjc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 9:48 am    Post subject: RE: Florida, did you wavesail? Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, I hope to join you one of these days, definitely can make the weekends but my timing has been off. we had one day since my last post,friday march 9, best day of the year so far, wind was forcast less than ten knots but Logo high northeast swell jacked up early and the south seabreeze kicked in hard we had the ultimate hookipa without the rocks, no current, low tide, sunny and warm. WOW Huge ramps, 14 seconds between waves in the sets, longer between sets, looong troughs and every set wave was as far as you could see from north to south, vertical faces then white water comin down but not gonna bowl so go for it, every wave on the way out you just pop over the whitewater comin down the face or use the speed, pick the vertical section and go as high as you can. But its over and probably wont repeat, please post conditions when you can, it helps me for future sailing travel decisions. Thanks again, John from Jupiter
captainjc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2001 9:48 am    Post subject: RE: Florida, did you wavesail? Reply with quote

thanks for the reply, I hope to join you one of these days, definitely can make the weekends but my timing has been off. we had one day since my last post,friday march 9, best day of the year so far, wind was forcast less than ten knots but Logo high northeast swell jacked up early and the south seabreeze kicked in hard we had the ultimate hookipa without the rocks, no current, low tide, sunny and warm. WOW Huge ramps, 14 seconds between waves in the sets, longer between sets, looong troughs and every set wave was as far as you could see from north to south, vertical faces then white water comin down but not gonna bowl so go for it, every wave on the way out you just pop over the whitewater comin down the face or use the speed, pick the vertical section and go as high as you can. But its over and probably wont repeat, please post conditions when you can, it helps me for future sailing travel decisions. Thanks again, John from Jupiter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: