myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Homer55

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 5:08 pm    Post subject: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

lately I have been looking at the latest JP boards and have been hearing great things about all of them...The two boards that seem to fit what im lookinfor are the Freestyle and the Freemove. I have been able to find reviews on the freestyle but not the Freemove.

Could anybody lead me to any places with reviews on the freemoves or if you have any experience with these boards please share.

Thanks,
captainjc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2001 9:44 pm    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

go to JP-australia, then to the boards your interested in and there will be a selection for magazine reviews.
Homer55

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2001 4:05 pm    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

Thanks for the information Im glad you could offer that to me but there are no reviews on the freemove boards, anybody know where there are any?
captainjc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2001 11:30 am    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

one more try, jpmaui.com then go to message board. They give excellent answers to questions and also you should look for info that others have already asked about. I just got a board shipped from them yesterday to florida, cheap shipping, also they have closeout new 2000s with warranty and also used at good prices,
Homer55

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2001 7:51 pm    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

ok, thanks again, I will check it out...Im located in florida also, what location are you located in?
captainjc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2001 8:38 pm    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

Im located in Jupiter although if the wind doesnt blow soon I will be traveling somewhere. what is your location? I am a wavesailing nut who used to travel more to find wind but with a new baby boy my road trips are limited. I was thinking it would be nice to have a site for wind updates. surfline has a site that i check for surf reports from east and west coast, not a forecast but actual visuals from the surfers before and after their sessions.
Homer55

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 7:25 pm    Post subject: RE: JP boards: Freestyle or Freemove? Reply with quote

Jupiter Ay? sounds good, I have never been around that area but it sounds like it is pretty good sailing site. I am located in clearwater florida(near the Skyway wind sensor)

As for Jp boards, I tried out 2 of them this past weekend. The local shop let me demo 2 of there jp boards. There was that front last saturday and there was supossed to be wind but there wasnt much on saturday. I am a lightweight sailor and so I tried out the jp- fremove 261, I found it to be ok, except I was shloging around all afternoon on the 9-10 mph wind on a neilpryde 5.8 NR. The sail wasnt nearly enough because I thought that the wind would come up, but the board seemed to fair ok...The next day the wind was a little bit better coming in at about 15-17...Heres what the boards felt like to me...

The Red Jp-freemove while I used it on a non planing day I stil do not sink the board even at its 89L volume, The tail didnt sink, and I was almost able to get planing after a few pumps. The board faired somewhat ok upwind(compared to my 125L normal board) Unfortunatly I was not able to test it much but for that.

The Grey Jp-freestyle at 105 the next day was pretty good with my NP 6.0 SuperSonic. At first the tail sunk easily and the board rounded up, but after discovery that I had to sit off the rails of the board I flew down the water, the board sat almost completely out of the water except for the fin, the rest of the board sat high up off of the chop and carving was pretty easy through the gybes.

Anyways, those are my test reports on those conditions, with weed fins on both of the boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: