myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wind at BM today
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goddess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2000 11:20 pm    Post subject: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

Whats going on here? According to the pager there was no wind at Berkeley Marina today (9/27/2000) so I guess the dozen sailors and I out planing were all figments of my imagination? Someone pinch me or something cause I was on an Electric Rocket (103L) with my 5.7 Synthesis - I am 110 lbs. Did I dream all this?
jhanrah1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:09 am    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

I was there to, and I dont live anywhere near you, it must bethe twilight zone
geohaye

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 6:02 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

Berkeley Folks,
Yes, you were dreaming. Actually: our server went down yesterday (9/27/00) for several hours. It came back up toward the end of the day.
~George
george@iwindsurf.com
goddess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 6:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

If your server went down then why were some sites still reporting and others were not? Did this also affect the entire paging system? If not, why didnt you guys send out a message on the pager indicating the server went down. I thought the name of the game is customer service.....so wheres the service?
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 10:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

it went down with the server... hehehe
goddess

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2000 11:23 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

I am stoked I got to sail - but I almost didnt go!!!!

Once you get the pager service theres a tendency to become a wind snob -i.e., only go when the pager says at least 14 or something - so when its saying only 8 or 9 is the average and the lull is 4, even I dont have big enough stuff to get out - much less waterstart!

What got me to go sailing was while looking at the Sybase CAM (http://www.sybase.com/baycam/bigbaycam/) I saw whitecaps and did a double take on the wind web page and it looked like the graph showed no wind only to find out the server was down - if I hadnt looked at the CAM I would have been sitting around wishing I could go sailing!!!! Glad I looked but shouldnt iwindsurf sent out an alert or something?
goddess

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2000 7:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

you would never catch me eating at burger rat - I can waterstart - but cant jibe. as far as the killer acid - I wouldnt know but apparently you do! Ive gone back to 103L so I can sail back and not swim back and to learn to jibe! Id rather be in conditions sailing my Tiga or Enduro but there havent been days like that for a while.
geohaye

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 12:56 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

Goddess and the gang-
You guys are funny. Keep writing.

As far as that day 10 days ago that youre talking about when the server went down -- we began fixing it as soon as we found out about it! Sorry if it almost lost you a session. We appreciate your suggestion about putting an alert out.

So, where and when is the Prozac beach bonfire?

~George
iWindsurf.com
goddess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2000 5:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Wind at BM today Reply with quote

the prozac beach bonfire will be held after the last day of the season - idontsurf.com has graciously offered to supply prozac to all windsurfers who rsvp.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: