myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ISOBARS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsurf50

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 10:09 pm    Post subject: ISOBARS Reply with quote

Have I sailed with you before? Sailed lake Cochiti NM from 92 to 94. Your not the guy that was struck by lightning one afternoon were you. What was his last name... Think they called him Morgan.I called him sparky. Had a rusty old faded creme colored van. Blew a 8 hole through his board and stripped every ounce of carbon from his mast before propelling him backwards in the water. We would all line the beach in lawn chairs waiting for T storm thermals. Usually rookies had 6.5-7.0 meter sails. I would get there early and rig my 4.0. during the 50kt squalls, folks would say oh thats why you rigged a 4.0. The air was really still when it hit you/him right smack in the middle of the lake. You rode the whole squall flat on your/his back. Good thing for the life vest because he/you floated for about 5 minutes before regaining consciousness.

Surf hard and be cool!
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2000 4:12 pm    Post subject: RE: ISOBARS Reply with quote

We could have sailed together at Cochiti, although I pretty much abandoned it for the Butte, Conchas, and Morgan Lake around 1990 or so, after experiencing a lifetime of swirling gusts in just a few years at Soshiti.

Twas Gordon Eatman that got nailed by lightning and became known as Sparky. And several years before his hit, a lady named Linda was hit harder there. She was out for a many minutes, went to the hospital, and took over two weeks to recover completely. Gordon still sails in T-Storms, but not I. Where I live now, T-Storms are very rare anyway.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: