myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New Board, What One? Which Size?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fwalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2000 4:49 pm    Post subject: New Board, What One? Which Size? Reply with quote

I have been sailing a few years now, and I am looking to buy a new board. I am currently ridinf an old Mistral Screamer (92). I live in the San Francisco Area, and I mostly sail at 3rd Ave., Coyote Point, and Crissy Field. I wiegh 198 lbs. and I have no problem water starting, and getting in the footstraps. I only make about 25% of my jibes. I like Mistral, any suggestions.
fwalker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 5:46 pm    Post subject: RE: New Board, What One? Which Size? Reply with quote

I get anywhere from around 35+ windsurf days a season, which runs from late April to early September. This is my forth season windsurfing.

I also surf, bike, run, and play tennis, so I am fairly good shape.

I uassly sail in bump and jump bay conditions. The sail size normally ranges from 4.7 to 5.4. Maybe once a year I can sail on a smaller sail.

Since the season is almost over in the bay area, I am hoping to buy an end of season sale. Either a demo, or a new board. I want a board that is in excellent condition since I would like to use it a few years.
hamblett

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 12:05 pm    Post subject: RE: New Board, What One? Which Size? Reply with quote

Thats it? Thats your response?

Sylvain, Ive been reading your responses for a few weeks now and have been taking much interest in your advice. Til now.

Keep up the great advice but PLEASE keep the advertising to a minimum. Smile

To the gentleman looking for the board, there are many options out there.

Disclaimer:

I have nothing against Hi-Fly. Never even SEEN one of their boards. Just keep an open mind.
spyder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2000 6:17 pm    Post subject: RE: New Board, What One? Which Size? Reply with quote

I love F2. I swear by F2. BUT I have sailed a bunch of boards and would recommend that you go to ASD or some other local shop and rent a board. try them out.

I have recently sailed the new Mistral Flow in the Gorge and thought it handled very well. Although there is some concern with Mistral quality. I dont know about the Flows quality but there has been A LOT of trouble with the Screamer series.

As for F2, I love my Axxis boards. They are sturdy as hell, and very controllable.

As for other boards, Naish boards are pretty nice, and a lot of people like the local boards from ASD and Forsythe.

You might even think about the JP boards. Although I dont know how well they work in the Bay. I tried them in Maui, and they were great. But that doesnt mean the Bay is good for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: