myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Board Size

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DudeAir

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 9:44 am    Post subject: Board Size Reply with quote

I need help figureing out what size board to purchase. I just started windsurfing this summer weigh 205lbs. I presently surf an old 10-6 Hobie Alpha CHI CHI. I mostly use a 97 6.5 3 cam North Sail and sometimes a 5.5 2 cam. I regularly use the harness and foot straps, but cant water start yet. Ive sailed a Bic Velocee 310 with 5.5 to 7.5 sails. I am thinking about the Velocee 310 or maybe the 298, does this seem like a reasonable choice? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Jeff
jimlarsen

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2000 7:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Board Size Reply with quote

I should think that a floaty 9 Slalom design would be just about right. A 96 would not be too big either for those 6.5 days. A 9 board can be ridden into 4.5 conditions by a large sailor if you are willing to put up with a rough ride.
spyder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2000 7:33 pm    Post subject: RE: Board Size Reply with quote

try renting some of these boards before you buy. But something in the 290 range is good for you. look at fanatic, bic and hi fly.
they have good designs and less $$ try before you buy!
Edge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2000 9:43 pm    Post subject: RE: Board Size Reply with quote

Ive ridden a Veloce 310 a few times this summer and I thought it was great, fast and forgiving, and really stable too.
Mind you Im used too sub 100 litre boards so I guess Anything in that size range would be stable for me. I am assuming since you cant waterstart that you would like something stable and also a board that you could grow with. Personally I think the Veloce would be a great choice.
DudeAir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2000 10:25 pm    Post subject: RE: Board Size Reply with quote

Thanks for the input everyone. I found a Velocee 298 in good shape for 375 bucks. Ive ridden it once and really like it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: