myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NW coverage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2000 3:14 pm    Post subject: NW coverage Reply with quote

So now that Im a paying member of the FX club: whats up with the NW coverage.

The Richmond beach sensor is as inaccurate as they come. When there isnt any wind it reflects that but when there is some, say 12-15 the average is still below 10. Readings vary with direction. Pretty useless.

The Lake Washington sensor is down. Not that anybody sails at Madrona.... We need one at Sandpoint and at Newcastle.

Jones beach has been advertised a long time ago and still isnt up.

There are tons of other sensors on the map that are promised but not working.

How about a forecast for the NW? I need to know when I gotta go to the gorge for wind and when I can save some of the drive and sail at Jones, Purdy, the central Sound or the straights.

R!
jsommerset

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2000 11:09 am    Post subject: RE: NW coverage Reply with quote

I agree. I am hoping there is something better in place by Sept/Oct especially for Lk WA and Kayak Point.

Even the NWS forecast would be a nice start, but a custom forecast would probably draw some more folks.

-js
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 6:44 pm    Post subject: RE: NW coverage Reply with quote

Northwest folks-
We are gradually increasing our sensor network in the Northwest. Youll notice several new sensors online on the Orgeon coast. That has been our recent focus. Sprague Lake is also a new addition. We know that Seattle-area sailors will be stoked to see more local sites than just Purdy and Richmond Beach. We are working on beefing that area up.

We truly appreciate your comments and will take your site suggestions into serious consideration.

Hang in there. Our small team has been working around the clock to get the website, the pager service, and the sensor network where we want it -- i.e. the best it can be. Were not there yet, but folks tell us were off to a very good start.

Thank you,
George Haye
iWindsurf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: