myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Trailer storage boxes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dradeka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2000 8:32 pm    Post subject: Trailer storage boxes Reply with quote

Im looking for ideas for storage boxes for a windsurf trailer. I can build and/or go the pvc pipe route but was hoping to find commercially available. Ive looked at all the obvious choices available in the US i.e. Thule, Yakima, Packasport. No one here gets it! The box has to be long enough to get a broken down 520 mast inside! Overseas there is Quiverack in the UK and Surfline in Germany; they get it! I am looking into importing. Any thoughts out there are appreciated.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 8:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Trailer storage boxes Reply with quote

most of the ones Ive seen and helped a friend build; Is a standard trailer with the bed made of a plywood box about 1.5 foot high, 8 long and about 3 wide. On the center line of the trailer bed mounted to the frame (going though the box) we put board racks to carry our boards. the result if you can picture it, is your gear stored in the bed of the trailer, and your boards on racks above it. (a T in front of trailer and a T in the rear) box below it.......... worked for us..
dradeka

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2000 8:39 pm    Post subject: RE: Trailer storage boxes Reply with quote

Thanks; Ive come to a similar conclusion, seems that Ill be doing some box building this winter!
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2000 9:16 pm    Post subject: RE: Trailer storage boxes Reply with quote

cool,,,, I must say that it was and is a fun project. We welded the cross bars for the boards and used plumbing insulation (for hot water pipes) for padding on all the bars. It was nice when we were done. We had room for 6 boards and all the gear and beer you would want to bring. you just cant drive as fast with gear in toe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: