myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Lake Isabella

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.Flibble

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2000 3:43 pm    Post subject: Lake Isabella Reply with quote

On Memorial day weekend I made the trek to Isabella to make up on my lack of windsurfing. Im not sure if it was the horde of rednecks flying their confederate flags of the simple ignorace of the right-of-way evinced by the jetskiers that had me wishing I had hit Coyote instead. To be fair, the power-boaters were generally on the look-out and would routinely give way, but on no less than 10 occasions a day, we witnessed potentially devastating near misses. It was clear, on the rare occasion when they were maintaining vigilance for traffic, that the jetskiers had no clue.

I suppose, in the end, that it would be nearly impossible to enforce any sort of penalty against jetskiers for their sheer recklessness, but surely purchasers of these machines should be subject to some compulsory education before they are licensed to take them out on the water.
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2000 1:32 am    Post subject: RE: Lake Isabella Reply with quote

I agree with ya, but however I am a regular at isabella, and will avoid the holidays at isabella. Isabella is known for the crazy hell that happens during the holidays. Yet ya gotta admit, it blows really good there in the spring and earlly summer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: