myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Naish 8' 11''

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubba2

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2000 1:05 pm    Post subject: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

Would you put a Pointer fin on this board?
Haole

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2000 2:34 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

I suppose if I had a Naish 811 and a pointer fin I would try it and if I liked it I would try and put in on again.
cascblu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2000 9:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

Do you have an 811? If so howzit? Where do you use and what size etc. Thinking about getting one for light wind coast sailing, onshore/tidal etc.
realkitty

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2000 11:08 am    Post subject: RE: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

811 is an excellant B+J board. 13 swept blade works great up to 7.0 sail size, stock fin is good from 6.0 and down. Wind range : 13 - 30 mph. Check out new Naish Floater if you want more of a wave board.
rockgirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2001 9:57 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

I just bought an 8 11 but have sailed only 3x on it : great 5.5 session in Hatteras
and a cold short session in 5.5 winds in Maine.
I also sailed a 6.5 session in Hatteras and it ripped . I had a tough time getting it on a plane (marginal 10-13 mph winds) but once on it rips upwind. I even passed my brother on a Veloce with identical North 6.5 sail for the first time.

Nailed several planing jibes but did not try much bump and jump yet.

Do you have an 811? If so howzit? Where do you use and what size etc. Thinking about getting one for light wind coast sailing, onshore/tidal etc.
erikr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2001 5:04 pm    Post subject: RE: Naish 8' 11'' Reply with quote

I have been sailing my 811 for about a year now and it rocks. It planes up in 12 to 13mph wind with my 6.3 Ezzy Carve and accelerates like a bat outa hell even in those marginal winds. I have sailed it in 1 to 8 surf and it rocks. It cant handle over powered surf sailing though as the back is too thick and will spin out on the bottom turn. I can sail this board on my 5.2 Ezzy wave just fine until I get overpowered then its just too floaty. This is an excellent board for light days at San Carlos. The Naish floater doesnt have an offset foot strap option in back and has a really wide tail. I havent sailed one, but my guess is that it sucks at bottom turns. As for the fin. The stock fin sucks. It spun no matter what the conditions were and the sail I was using. I put a 10 Rainbow Boss on it which spins much less but is still just a touch small for the board. I just couldnt go to a pointer type fin. If there was a big, better wave fin I would buy one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: