myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Best wave sail matches with a NoLimitz Sumo mast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmremix@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:30 am    Post subject: Best wave sail matches with a NoLimitz Sumo mast Reply with quote

I’ve got a NoLimitz Sumo mast 400 and I’m looking for a wave sail between 5.0 and 5.3. Does anybody used a similar combination? I’d like to have any reviews or recommendations about it. Thank you.
coachg

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are probably well over a dozen brands that will work with the NoLimitz Sumo. I can use the 400 Sumo with both Naish Force 5 & Sailworks Revo but I have also rigged a friend's North, now Duotone sail with it as well. The Sumo is a little heavier & stiffer than the NoLimitz original skinny so it depends on how you like your sail to feel; softer or stiffer. The great thing about the NoLimitz is you can mix & match the Original & Sumo. For Naish I rig Sumo top with Original bottom & for Sailworks I rig Sumo top & bottom to get the feel I like, which isn't necessarily the feel everyone else will like.

Coachg
jmcilhiney

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailworks revo. The new ones are lighter.
fmremix@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your feedbacks
According from a salesperson: “The issue with the sumo is that it is both flex yay the bottom and the top…it tries to be all things to everyone and thus compromises with every brand. It claims it’s compatible with every brand, but In essence is not compatible with anything really.”
I know the Sumo is compatible but it seems that its unusual strength and flex could be a problem with the sails ideal rigging setup.
So so far Sailworks and Naish Force might be ok.
I was also told that the best match would be the Goya sails.
Does anybody rig any Goya sails with the Sumo mast?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: