myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
election 2024
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="real-human"]
Still-Waters wrote:
Speaking of losers, wouldn’t that be someone who starts two identical threads about the same topic, and then babbles on in an endless conversation with himself? You’re kind of like the schizophrenics who are allowed out of the halfway houses, and carry on conversations with themselves all-day-long. Except you’ve been doing that for years now. That might explain the delusions. 🤡

a true right wing troll who loves his sexual abuser pediophile party trying to insert his dumber than a rock trolling. You remind me of the pictured person(s)/point...

if I only got a dollar...

Now that’s funny. Says the insane ass who trolls for discord in his endless posts and threads, where he pretty much is talking to himself. Oh we know, you only have noble intent in all you posts. You really are a stupid one now, aren’t you?
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Still-Waters"]
real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
Speaking of losers, wouldn’t that be someone who starts two identical threads about the same topic, and then babbles on in an endless conversation with himself? You’re kind of like the schizophrenics who are allowed out of the halfway houses, and carry on conversations with themselves all-day-long. Except you’ve been doing that for years now. That might explain the delusions. 🤡

a true right wing troll who loves his sexual abuser pediophile party trying to insert his dumber than a rock trolling. You remind me of the pictured person(s)/point...

if I only got a dollar...

Now that’s funny. Says the insane ass who trolls for discord in his endless posts and threads, where he pretty much is talking to himself. Oh we know, you only have noble intent in all you posts. You really are a stupid one now, aren’t you?

as I said you failed math, logic, stats. Just because you do not understand how the two threads are different because you are as dumb as a rock school failure. Does not mean there is not a difference. One is general for all times and one is specific to 2024. My goodness you are such a failure of the Canadian school system. I know the Canadian system is good because I know so many smart Canadians, you are by far the first dumb as a rock one I have encountered ever.

Last edited by real-human on Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another one specifically pointing out what I have been saying...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/voters-just-sent-pennsylvania-s-maga-republicans-a-serious-message/ar-BB1inAxj?cvid=f37ddb8b6b09435aa8025539b607f56e&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=20&sc=shoreline

Voters just sent Pennsylvania's MAGA Republicans a serious message

Quote:

This week’s New York 3rd Congressional District election was a much-needed shot in the arm for Democrats reeling from one of President Joe Biden’s toughest weeks yet. But for the most part, Rep. Tom Suozzi’s victory over opponent Mazi Pilip drowned out a major Democratic win in Pennsylvania that could have sweeping implications for the 2024 presidential election. It’s also the latest evidence that Democrats are still overperforming at the ballot box.

Jim Prokopiak’s win in Pennsylvania’s 140th state House district isn’t a partisan flip like Suozzi’s. Nevertheless, it is a decisive step in preventing Pennsylvania’s MAGA Republicans from undermining the integrity of the state’s November election results. By keeping Trump’s authoritarian hands off how Pennsylvania counts and certifies its general election results, Prokopiak may well have ensured a free and fair election in the Keystone State.
“Republicans continue to lie about the last election and are intent on supporting an insurrectionist as their nominee, ever since 60-plus legislators signed a letter urging Congress to throw out the votes of Pennsylvania’s voters,” said state Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta, who represents parts of Philadelphia. “Their current idea is putting the Auditor General in charge of auditing all future elections — a man who himself is an election denier.”

Critically, Prokopiak’s victory gives Pennsylvania Democrats some much-needed breathing room after two years of uncertainty. Democrats recaptured the state House in 2022 with a razor-thin one-vote majority, until a Democratic resignation last December returned the chamber to tie. But just last week, another resignation — this time of a Republican — returned Democrats to power with a one-seat majority. Some Democrats openly fretted that a single absent lawmaker could leave the House open to Republican trickery.

There’s a whole lot riding on Democrats retaining control of the state House. Prokopiak’s win means state Democrats will be able to fend off a tidal wave of MAGA-backed efforts to make Pennsylvania’s election laws more Trump-friendly, as well as harsh anti-abortion legislation drawn up by far-right state legislators. The Pennsylvania GOP’s antidemocratic tendencies have only worsened since the party swore allegiance to Trump in the wake of the former president’s humiliating 2020 election loss.

The sheer size of Prokopiak’s victory also matters. Pennsylvania’s 140th District is reasonably safe Democratic territory; Biden won the area by 10% back in 2020. On Tuesday, Prokopiak crushed Republican challenger Candace Cabanas by a staggering 35-point margin. In February, Bolts Magazine listed Prokopiak’s electoral performance as a key bellwether of Democrats’ broader health across Pennsylvania. With numbers like we saw Tuesday, Democrats are finally breathing easier.

still being felt in Washington.

This is especially true for the activists, organizers and elected officials who make up Pennsylvania’s Democratic base. Prokopiak brought Democrats out in droves, thanks to a campaign that focused on national issues such as reproductive freedom, as well as local priorities including funding public education and addressing the state’s affordable housing challenges.

“When Democrats follow the lead of people like Jim Prokopiak and focus on working class issues like reproductive rights and workers’ rights, they win,” Rick Smith, a labor organizer and host of the labor-focused podcast, "The Rick Smith Show," told me. “When Democrats get pulled into fruitless culture war debates, they lose. It’s time to stop bickering over nonsense that divides us.”

Kenyatta agrees. “This year alone, we proved what even a humble majority can do: the largest investment in K-12 education, expanding the child and dependent tax credit, and advancing an increase of the minimum wage. People want to see us govern and we aren’t letting them down.”

Pennsylvania will be just as crucial for Biden’s path to victory this year as it was in 2020. At the time, the Trump campaign and its allies poured almost $100 million into Pennsylvania in an effort to hold on to a state that Trump had won just four years prior. In the end, Biden squeaked by with a bare 50% of the vote against Trump’s 48.8%. Those same Republicans raised hopes of a close race in Pennsylvania’s 140th District. Instead, they faced a defeat that will almost certainly change the GOP’s state strategy ahead of November.

Part of that change will likely be an all-out effort to distance state and local Republican candidates from Trump’s MAGA brand. Cabanas struggled from the beginning to make MAGA ideology appealing to voters outside the Trump bubble. For his part, Prokopiak spent heavily on advertising that tied Cabanas tightly to the MAGA movement, especially her support for Florida-style school book bans.

Like Suozzi in New York, Prokopiak discovered the effective campaign strategy of forcing Republicans to reconcile their Trumpian beliefs with a public that finds those beliefs repulsive. Suozzi’s opponent, Mazi Pilip, never fully explained how her views on immigration differed from Trump’s. In Pennsylvania, Cabanas was trying and failing to pry herself away from Trump on education policy. Both candidates failed and were then punished by skeptical voters.

Prokopiak’s victory in Pennsylvania adds to Democrats’ almost two-year-long record of overperforming in special elections, and while it may not generate as much national buzz as Suozzi’s performance in New York, it’s just as important for the future of our democracy. Voters are clearly getting tired of firebrand candidates who parrot Trumpism without a single policy thought of their own. Prokopiak just proved that voter disgust runs straight through the heart of Trump’s electoral strategy.

“People who underestimate Joe Biden and Democrats do so at their own peril,” Kenyatta told me. “The president is going to win Pennsylvania.” If Prokopiak is any indication, Kenyatta is right.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh boy oh boy.... could be another record setting loss like the midterms.... again Biden record low but look at this one too, trump won by 33% but here the repugnant won but by only 5%....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/enormous-republican-underperformance-in-oklahoma-rings-alarm-bells/ss-BB1iwL3W?cvid=ec804012b9fb4d7c938f89fe35fbc6e1&ocid=winp2fptaskbar&ei=9&sc=shoreline#image=5

Enormous Republican Underperformance In Oklahoma Rings Alarm Bells

Quote:
In an election year, every race counts. With the House in turmoil and the tensions in the Senate high, all eyes have turned onto multiple special elections that have been held in various states across the country. Many election experts are using these special elections as bellwether indications of how the general election will go this November, and unfortunately, it isn't shaping up well for Republicans.

In Oklahoma, a special election for House District 39 swung in favor of the Republican, but only by a slim margin. Erick Harris won the district by a mere 261 votes, which came out to an only five-point lead over the Democrat, Regan Raff.

This particular election was triggered following former state Representative Ryan Martinez's resignation in September of last year. He pled guilty to a felony offense of driving under the influence, and resigned from his position in government.

While a five point lead might be significant for some people - for reference, Joe Biden ultimately won with a seven point lead over Donald Trump in 2020 - in a relatively safe Republican district in deeply conservative Oklahoma, this slim margin has led some to be concerned.

While it's unlikely that this particular special election is not indicative of how the state of Oklahoma will swing in the 2024 election, the slim lead in a state where Donald Trump beat Joe Biden by 33 points in 2020 is, if nothing else, something to look at.

Still-Waters

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:

as I said you failed math, logic, stats. Just because you do not understand how the two threads are different because you are as dumb as a rock school failure. Does not mean there is not a difference. One is general for all times and one is specific to 2024. My goodness you are such a failure of the candian school system. I know the Canadian system is good because I know so many smart Canadians, you are by far the first dumb as a rock one I have encountered ever.

Canadian? My goodness you are such a failure. You're too stupid to even spell that correctly consistently.

Do you masturbate to the stupid shit you post on here? It sure seems that way.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:

as I said you failed math, logic, stats. Just because you do not understand how the two threads are different because you are as dumb as a rock school failure. Does not mean there is not a difference. One is general for all times and one is specific to 2024. My goodness you are such a failure of the candian school system. I know the Canadian system is good because I know so many smart Canadians, you are by far the first dumb as a rock one I have encountered ever.

Canadian? My goodness you are such a failure. You're too stupid to even spell that correctly consistently.

do you still beat your wife?

Still-Waters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:

do you still rape women and children?
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:

that was your claim to fame,
Still-Waters

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:

I know you are. What am I? Nah nah nah nah nah.
Fuck you’re stupid
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:
Still-Waters wrote:
real-human wrote:

I know you are. What am I? Nah nah nah nah nah.
Fuck you’re stupid

your claim to fame is being a basement troll...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: