myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
scam alert
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyPO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject: scam alert Reply with quote

hi everyone. My name is Andy Postolowicz from Chicago Area user name andyPO . I responded to Ad# 14810 (still active) about sail s2maui 4.7. I ve sent 330$ using ZEllE and sine then Donald Dave from Plymouth Massachusetts using email donalddave456@gmail.com didnt respond and of course i didnt receive sail. for zelle payment he used different email joojokvng@gmail.com .He also has ad # 14811 about s2maui alchemy 5.3 .I ve notified iwindsurf about it but they didnt block those ads. Just be careful .don't become another victim of this scam. Regards Andy
blendallcolors

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: scam alert Reply with quote

andyPO wrote:
hi everyone. My name is Andy Postolowicz from Chicago Area user name andyPO . I responded to Ad# 14810 (still active) about sail s2maui 4.7. I ve sent 330$ using ZEllE and sine then Donald Dave from Plymouth Massachusetts using email donalddave456@gmail.com didnt respond and of course i didnt receive sail. for zelle payment he used different email joojokvng@gmail.com .He also has ad # 14811 about s2maui alchemy 5.3 .I ve notified iwindsurf about it but they didnt block those ads. Just be careful .don't become another victim of this scam. Regards Andy

I am sorry to hear about this especially since I reported this person to both iWindsurf and to ZEllE, including the same email joojokvng a couple weeks ago. I got lucky and figured out the scam, but I was real close to sending the money. At the moment, most of the posts are from this same person using different names. iWindsurf said they were monitoring the situation daily but clearly no visible action has been taken. The only good news is that they know NOTHING about windsurfing. If you do reply to an ad, ask them questions that a real sailor would know but a non-sailor wouldn't understand. They also refused to talk on the phone to settle my suspicions which was another red flag.
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info. I ask the same questions when selling on Iwindsurf.
Also I will not send anything unless I talk to the buyer on the phone.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same guy using the same email address for Zelle payments is running adds for boards as well, he posted a 2021 JP Magic Wave new for $900. Red flags to look out for is scammers will only communicate via text message or email, to explain their lack of knowledge of windsurfing they will say that they are selling it for a friend or it was a gift. Right off the bat I smelled something fishy but since I love to F with scammers I reached out to him about the board. I asked for a picture of the boards serial number he quickly texted me a picture of a serial number off a 2022 board, quick google images search matched a board being sold out of a shop in Western Australia. When I asked him why the serial number didn't match the board he had posted countered with insults that I couldn't afford to buy the board and quickly pivoted to me being a scammer. It was a fun way to waste half an hour. I notified Iwindsurf almost a week ago but the adds are still up.
JamesHardy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This same guy using the same email address for Zelle payments is running adds for boards as well, he posted a 2021 JP Magic Wave new for $900. Red flags to look out for is scammers will only communicate via text message or email, to explain their lack of knowledge of windsurfing they will say that they are selling it for a friend or it was a gift. Right off the bat I smelled something fishy but since I love to F with scammers I reached out to him about the board. I asked for a picture of the boards serial number he quickly texted me a picture of a serial number off a 2022 board, quick google images search matched a board being sold out of a shop in Western Australia. When I asked him why the serial number didn't match the board he had posted countered with insults that I couldn't afford to buy the board and quickly pivoted to me being a scammer. It was a fun way to waste half an hour. I notified Iwindsurf almost a week ago but the adds are still up.
manuel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about your experience. Are they filtered at all? Love the ads section!

There was a post about these weird ads a few days back. Zelle payment is a red flag, typos, incorrect info, etc. Where do they get their photos from? Location info?

awinders

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:57 am    Post subject: scam alert Reply with quote

I ran across this scammer below in iwindsurf classifieds.
He used my own pics for a board that I am selling in his ad.
When I confronted him, he just insulted me.
I notified the admin about his ads but they are still up.
Beware of anything this guy is selling.

Michael Daniel Street Address:
City: Henderson State/Province: Nevada
Zip/Postal Code: Country: USA
skyking1231

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is one listed right now. 2020 fanatic freeway 105L says located Newark, NJ

same Zelle gmail. address joojokvng@gmail.com

be careful

I did send an alert to admin about this.... Exclamation
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone received a purchase request from WoodyDotson5565? There are a couple of Woody Dotsons on Google and Facebook, but they are highly likely to be born and bred 'Muricans.

This one sounds stilted and the grammar and punctuation don't ring true. Fake cashier's checks are common, and can take over a week to bounce.

Thank you for your quick reply!
I am very ok with your final price. [It was posted in my ad.]
Since I am presently on a brief business trip, I will Instruct my representative [Ooh!] to issue a cashier's check for you which will get delivered to your post [my "post"?] within 2-3 business days via USPS priority mail. I'll add an extra $90 to hold & keep it for me [yet he was worried about my final price?].
Immediately you received and cashed [that ain't 'Murican English, and Google's Woody Dotsons seem very American*] the check, then I will send a pick up guy for pick-up [Seriously? Shipping would cost only about $30, and these Woody Dotsons are all clear across the country.]

I will need your following information below where the check would be received by you:-

First Name:-
Last Name:-
Street Address:-
City:-
State:-
Zip code:-
Phone Number: Mobile & Landline

[NOBODY gets my cell #, and of what use is it to him?]

* That's not racist, mac; it's self preservation.
LUCARO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got myself scammed via zelle from an ikitesurf classified, before it was shut down. Glad you figured it out in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: