myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Afghanistan falls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s important is we’re out. Done. Biden is the first President to achieve this. Every soldier is home. We as Americans should be unified about this, not politicizing a war hero's death. It wasn’t cool when Trump said “he likes soldiers that don't get caught”, and it isn’t cool now. Leave our soldiers out of this. Leaving Afghanistan is something 2/3 of Americans wanted. It’s been achieved. We failed, we suck. I mean you and me suck. We all suck. It’s our problem. WE are at fault as a NATION. Not Trump or Biden or Bush or Obama….WE SUCK!

Next time, instead of sending our youth overseas to die for nothing, try spending trillions at home on stuff that can actually work.

We have the luxury of being surrounded by oceans on both sides with a very capable coast guard to patrol it. We have a very open, highly visible southern border in a fucking desert where you can see everything with high tech equipment. Unfortunately our northern border is much, much more expansive and covered in dense forests. Very difficult to protect.

The goal in preventing terrorism at home is to do just that. First, stop home grown terrorism like the guys who wanted to kidnap a sitting Governor (any governor), or the guys who terrorized the Capitol. That shit has to stop. Law and order right guys? High tech border and port security is the answer, not a fucking wall. Any moron can climb a wall with a fucking ladder. Solid immigration technologies, port security and we need much more money on intelligence. How about spending a trillion bucks at home? The goal is preventing terrorism at home, not exciting terrorism around the world. And for gods sake, do not send a bunch of American kids with guns to patrol the cities across Afghanistan. This President and the last one both had the right idea. This president got every single soldier out. We should be united going forward.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the War in Afghanistan is over, I wonder how long the rabid Republicans will want to draw things out and rage at President Biden in their blind fury.

Where do they go next? What about Covid19, and how many of the problems we have right now centers on them? Then there's the infrastructure bills in Congress, and the fight for Voter's Rights.

I can see why they would want to milk this negative Afghan thing forever.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I don't know how the withdrawal could have been better. Thing is...no one on this forum really does either.

Nonsense. Several high ranking members of the military moved into my small neighborhood outside DC over the past 3 years when they retired. They include a 3 star General who commanded the entire Afghan operation a number of years ago. I think he knows what he is talking about. I have had several conversations with him over the past few weeks. He is appalled at the incompetence of the withdrawal. Abandoning Bagram before getting civilians out, and without even consulting with the Afghan military, made a chaotic exit almost inevitable in his (educated) opinion. It was a huge mistake, as was leaving massive quantities of state of the art military equipment. Even worse, leaving US citizens behind, after the President promised that the military would stay until we got them out.

For the 1st time in history, the British Parliament censured Biden. Pure nonsense CoB
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:
I don't know how the withdrawal could have been better. Thing is...no one on this forum really does either.

Nonsense. Several high ranking members of the military moved into my small neighborhood outside DC over the past 3 years when they retired. They include a 3 star General who commanded the entire Afghan operation a number of years ago. I think he knows what he is talking about. I have had several conversations with him over the past few weeks. He is appalled at the incompetence of the withdrawal. Abandoning Bagram before getting civilians out, and without even consulting with the Afghan military, made a chaotic exit almost inevitable in his (educated) opinion. It was a huge mistake, as was leaving massive quantities of state of the art military equipment. Even worse, leaving US citizens behind, after the President promised that the military would stay until we got them out.

For the 1st time in history, the British Parliament censured Biden. Pure nonsense CoB

What’s pure nonsense Malibu? What have I written that is not true? I’ve been critical of the withdrawal. You seem only to be able to regurgitate right wing talking points. So, please clarify EXACTLY how you would have handled this?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
coboardhead wrote:

What’s pure nonsense Malibu? What have I written that is not true? I’ve been critical of the withdrawal. You seem only to be able to regurgitate right wing talking points. So, please clarify EXACTLY how you would have handled this?

You don't know how the withdrawal could have been handled better???WTF
boggsman1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler you’re right .. In my 55 years I’ve never witnessed such partisan criticism during a war .. It was the same type of response to Clinton’s Somalian disaster .. Yet, I’ve never witnessed this type of partisanship from Democrats during wartime ..
Mr. Gybe , in hindsight everything seems easy , but that’s just not the way it works .. Ann Coulter was right about our exit from Afghanistan ..
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malibu. Why don’t you enlighten us all? With specific references and time frames would be very helpful. Of particular interest to me is how Biden was supposed to make the deal Trump made with the Taliban (which they were already breaking while he was still Prez) still work.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much parroting of Fox news/Republican talking points. You can have your own opinion, but not your own facts. There were only 2.500 troops left in Afghanistan when Biden took office. Was there a peep from the conservatives about the Trump down from 13,000 to 2,500? Crickets. Were 2,500 troops enough to protect Bagram and the Kabul airport? Despite gybe's chat with another conservative who served in Afghanistan, the answer to that is no.

Did the thousands of Americans who were in Afghanistan evacuate, as advised, because the believed that the Afghanistan army could not hold Kabul? The answer to that is also no. Did Trump facilitate the repatriation of Afghani's who had served as advisors and interpreters? No, he blocked them. But Gybe in Virginia and Bard in Socal know more than those on the ground in Afghanistan.
Very sad what passes for knowledge these days.

Rarely in doubt, rarely correct.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone here who thinks that Trump would have bungled this withdrawal is a fool.
Biden might want to release Trump’s tape of his negotiations with the Taliban. Trump has requested this..... C'mon Joe, release the tapes
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bard, you are dreaming if you think that Donald Trump could have pulled off the exit in Afghanistan in a commendable way.

Just look how poorly everything went on January 6. And, without a doubt, it's exceedingly ironic that he bailed and weaseled-out on his commitment to march with his followers to the US Capital. In the end, the whole fiasco earned him a second impeachment to characterize his unfit performance as president.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: