myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Who is Amy Coney Barrett?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Who is Amy Coney Barrett? Reply with quote

mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 7838

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Amy Coney Barrett? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!



Exactly!!!! it's going to be fun watching disgusting dems show America how vile they are. The nastier the better for Trump....bring it on morons..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Amy Coney Barrett? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!


Interesting comment. She is an "originalist". Do you know what that means? Your statement begs the question: What is the Constitution? If your answer is different than mine, therein lies the rub. Get it? I dare say RBG lived and breathed the Constitution as well.

BTW who are the moderate left?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobans



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!

And even though I was born and raised in rural Alabama in the '40s, '50s and '60s, including finishing high school in Montgomery in 1961, I haven't been back there in decades. In just one year in Montgomery and a trip through it a few years later, I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis. But Rebel flags? Very rare back then.

OF COURSE it's the woman's right to choose ... WHETHER TO SPREAD HER LEGS. Beyond that point biology takes over. Neither she nor Obama has the right to let a viable newborn die on the slab just because Mommy Dearest no longer wants it.

-iso 2020
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
swchandler



Joined: 08 Nov 1993
Posts: 9892

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this BS from the right about being an "originalist" about the US Constitution is just crap. The right wing Supreme Court Judges are clearly activist opportunists all the way, and that's the truth. All one has to do is look how they decided Citizens United to see their activist mindset and underlying bias.

Sadly, it's a given that McConnell and Republicans senators will cram another far right wing ideologue justice down our throats. In the end, in the long run, there will be a steep price to be paid for their hypocrisy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vientomas



Joined: 25 Apr 2000
Posts: 1954

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
All this BS from the right about being an "originalist" about the US Constitution is just crap. The right wing Supreme Court Judges are clearly activist opportunists all the way, and that's the truth. All one has to do is look how they decided Citizens United to see their activist mindset and underlying bias.

Sadly, it's a given that McConnell and Republicans senators will cram another far right wing ideologue justice down our throats. In the end, in the long run, there will be a steep price to be paid for their hypocrisy.


I agree with you on the blurred distinction between an originalist and a non-originalist. If truly an originalist, a judge would advocate that the right to bear arms only pertains to muskets, as the drafters of the constitution could not have envisioned the weapons we have now. But, that will never come to pass due to your observation of the judicial activism that flows from pursing an agenda...on both sides. A distinction that people like Isoangry do not comprehend as they claim their justice understands the constitution better than anyone else. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12205
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Who is Amy Coney Barrett? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!


moron the beginning of the constitution says she is not allowed to vote and blacks are property and not allowed to vote. she should abide by it and stay at home if she is what you claim...

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12205
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobans wrote:
mac's -- and the rest of the extreme left's ... worst nightmare.
Why? Because she lives and breathes the Constitution.
What a concept!

And even though I was born and raised in rural Alabama in the '40s, '50s and '60s, including finishing high school in Montgomery in 1961, I haven't been back there in decades. In just one year in Montgomery and a trip through it a few years later, I personally saw a nighttime KKK march through a neighborhood, MLK's subsequent march into Montgomery from Selma, and Negroes/colored people (those were the preferred term for them back then) forcing whites off the downtown sidewalks on a daily basis. But Rebel flags? Very rare back then.

OF COURSE it's the woman's right to choose ... WHETHER TO SPREAD HER LEGS. Beyond that point biology takes over. Neither she nor Obama has the right to let a viable newborn die on the slab just because Mommy Dearest no longer wants it.

-iso 2020


Oh such a putrid in-human you are... So what is your definition of when a life begins, one cell division? 2 3 4, a million? come on troll, and then tell us how many by your definition of when life begins have you be responsible for killing? Or do you just pleasure yourself with trump news.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
real-human



Joined: 02 Jul 2011
Posts: 12205
Location: on earth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what aa hater like iso idiot...

she is so wrong on this and should not be on the supreme court as she has shown her religion of hate is the only way she thinks.

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/why-dems-boycott-today-s-amy-coney-barrett-vote-matters-n1244252

Why the Dems' boycott of today's Amy Coney Barrett vote matters


Quote:

We are still learning more about Judge Amy Coney Barrett's background, including revelations this week that she served for nearly three years on the board of "private Christian schools that effectively barred admission to children of same-sex parents and made it plain that openly gay and lesbian teachers weren't welcome in the classroom."

That's the sort of background that might've made for interesting questions during Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation hearings, but there were elements of the conservative judge's history that senators did not know at the time.

_________________
when good people stay silent the right wing are the only ones heard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isobars



Joined: 12 Dec 1999
Posts: 20004

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's very telling that Chuckie Schumer and his far left freaks consider today one of the darkest days in U.S. history (his words, not mine) because a brilliant and extremely qualified judge who -- HORROR of all HORRORS! -- actually supports the Constitution is being sworn in to the Supreme Court.

Ummmm ... shouldn't ALL the Supremes support the constitution to their very graves? Isn't that their sworn prime directive? Shouldn't ANY Supreme's very seat on the bench be at risk the first time s/he unarguably legislates from the bench -- i.e. makes up a law based on personal biases? Shouldn't it be almost impossible to discern from their votes or writings what party, religion, gender, etc. they favor? Shouldn't they be honest people rather than GD politicians or sycophants thereof?

Hint for brainless, amoral, and/or immoral party hacks: YES, YES, YES, YES, and HELL YES.

Admit it out loud, lefties: You're AFRAID of the Constitution and of honest people, and can no longer distinguish right from wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group