myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Biden 2020
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 104, 105, 106  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LHDR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I think Impossible and Beyond meats are going to save the world, I also agree with isobars; my grilled beyond sausage was quite terrible, even the kids refused it, and so was the bolognese. I have heard great things about the impossible burger, though I now worry about isobars' toxic ingredient.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the irony challenged—this is not the alternatives to meat thread. Or the “why does Isobars have cancer?” thread.

For those who appreciate irony—Isobars is not worried about toxic behavior by Trump or any other right winger. Or Trump’s allowing increases in toxic emissions. Like any good narcissist, it’s all about him.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"When trying to eat dog crap, what do you slather on it to cover up the taste?"

I don't buy or ever eat ketchup. It's just a crap product loaded with way too much sugar. I have to ask, do you eat your french fries with ketchup? Speaking for myself, if I was to eat french fries, I would dose them heavily with Tabasco.

While I do enjoy eating beef, I never buy hamburger at the supermarket, so my interest in buying the Impossible Burger stuff as a substitute doesn't really exist.

Overall, I like eating meat products, like better cuts of beef, pork and chicken, but I limit my intake to smaller portions. When buying a smaller steak, I will cook it up and use it for 4 to 5 meals. Also, I really don't eat out, and I cook my own food. I have to admit though, I do have a passion for very hot spicy food made with peppers, like jalapenos and habanaros, to also include some of the more premium sauces out there made from them. Nothing like a lively favored meal free of sugar.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most tone deaf commentary here was mrgybe, echoing Trump talking points that Biden picking Kamala Harris was a mistake, that she was an also run, and most ironically, that she would do anything to cling to power. While we watch Trump lie and cheat and use the Federal government to try to cling to power. The selection of Kamala Harris accounted for high turnout and the votes of black women, which delivered the election to Biden. Keep that in mind when the "stable genius" pontificates about his wealth of experience. More like his experience of wealth.

Quote:

By Taylor Crumpton
Taylor Crumpton is a music, pop culture and politics writer transplanted in Oakland, originally from Dallas.
November 7, 2020 at 8:45 a.m. PST
Add to list
Black women saved Joe Biden.

Without our support, the president-elect would be preparing a powerful speech about how despite his defeat, the nation needs to stand together as a united people to blunt the effects of President Trump’s white supremacist reign. Instead, thanks to wins powered largely by the turnout in places like Detroit, Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philadelphia, Biden and the first Black woman to serve as vice president, Kamala D. Harris, are preparing to take office.

Follow the latest on Election 2020
But it’s a sure bet that even though Trump will be gone after January, the social conditions for Black citizens will remain largely the same, because you cannot vote white supremacy out.

It’s the lifeblood of our nation’s political institutions. It’s the insidious undercurrent that absolves the new president-elect of his 1994 crime bill, a historic piece of federal legislation that increased funding to law enforcement agencies throughout the country. During this campaign, Biden has apologized for his previous actions, contextualized the social conditions of the early 1990s and pledged for forgiveness from Black Americans, specifically Black women.

AD

Which he had to do if he wanted to win: As the Democratic Party’s most loyal and dependable voting bloc, Black women were essential. From the 2016 presidential election to the Senate special election in Alabama in 2017 and the 2018 midterm elections, more than 90 percent of Black women voted for the Democratic candidate, and that’s not even to mention all the work they did for voter registration and turnout. Black women are the country’s most powerful political force. In times of political chaos and civic unrest, we need to remember the words of our foremothers, not turn to the nation’s political parties.

Forty-three years ago, the Combahee River Collective — a Black lesbian feminist organization, composed of members from the nation’s various social movements of the time (women’s rights, civil rights, the Black Panthers) — released their belief statement. “Our politics initially sprang from the shared belief that Black women are inherently valuable,” it read. “That our liberation is a necessity not as an adjunct to somebody else’s may because of our need as human persons for autonomy. … We realize that the only people who care enough about us to work consistently for our liberation are us. Our politics evolve from a healthy love for ourselves, our sisters and our community which allows us to continue our struggle and work.” Just 12 years after the passage of Voting Rights Act, this collective of Black women understood the necessity of unifying through a shared anti-racist and anti-sexist framework.
vientomas

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
vientomas wrote:
Isoparanoid. I challenge him to provide evidence of the "meaty" executive orders threat.

Endless speeches, public proclamations, written and verbal campaign statements, and more of Harris threatening to use EOs* and/or regulations (EPA, cowfarts, global warming and all that) to at least curtail** meat consumption. Global warming freak … er, czar … AOC is even more outspoken and crazy about it. AOC can’t sign EOS, but if she is formally appointed some sort of czar or another as Biden has stated, she can sure as hell have the EPA regulate damned near any agriculture practices she wants. C’m ON, man … do you SERIOUSLY watch only CNN and Facebook?

You failed to provide any evidence as usual. If Biden is elected, only he would have the authority to enact an executive order. Citing Harris or AOC is a fool's statement. C'm on man...do you SERIOUSLY make shit up?

I would wager that I am much more well read than you. And no, I have no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"And no, I have no Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts."

I can say the same, and I will add, I've never owned a cellphone. The latter may change in the near future, but I absolutely have zero interest in using Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
wsurfer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just happy that the discussions are returning towards the original topic.

I thought maybe all the talk of Beyond Meat and substitutes was just because DJT was serving up a nothing burger with his claims of election fraud.

No Facebook, No Twitter, Just Peace!
wsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really believe that the election was stolen.

But if Trump's base does then all I can say is:

WooHoo Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
real-human

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/biden-should-forget-about-unifying-the-country-213216643.html

Biden should forget about unifying the country

Quote:
Joe Biden delivered a thoughtful and necessary inaugural address as he assumed the presidency on Jan. 20, calling on Americans to bury their grievances, can their outrage, and unify.

Problem: America doesn’t want to unify, and it may in fact be impossible to unify.

Two weeks after rioters egged on by President Trump ransacked the U.S. Capitol, Biden acknowledged the fraught political environment he’s stepping into amid pandemic, insurrection and economic crisis. “Much to repair,” he said. “Much to restore. Much to heal. Much to build.”

As he did as a candidate, Biden laid out his overarching goal of restoring order and calm after the vitriolic years of the Trump presidency: “My whole soul is in this: bringing America together, uniting our people, uniting our nation. And I ask every American to join me in this cause.”

Biden has the temperament to be a unifying force in Washington, with many deep friendships in both parties and an affable personality resistant to grudges. He won’t be attacking everybody who disagrees with him or criticizes him, as Trump did. And it’s important to start his term with a civil tone that might calm frayed nerves in many corners of the country.

But come on. The United States is deeply divided for reasons that go far beyond Trump, and much of it involves willful self-deception by Americans clinging to illusions they prefer over reality. Biden can’t change that and it would be a waste of effort to try.

For starters, around two-thirds of Republicans and Republican-leaning Independents believe the lie that Trump won the election. That’s more than 40 million Americans, or about one-seventh of the U.S. population. If those dead-enders don’t want to believe the ample evidence of Biden’s election win, there’s nothing Biden will be able to do to “unify” them. They want to exist on the political fringe.

Joe Biden is sworn in as the 46th president of the United States by Chief Justice John Roberts as Jill Biden holds the Bible during the 59th Presidential Inauguration at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.(Saul Loeb/Pool Photo via AP)
Joe Biden is sworn in as the 46th president of the United States by Chief Justice John Roberts as Jill Biden holds the Bible during the 59th Presidential Inauguration at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, Wednesday, Jan. 20, 2021.(Saul Loeb/Pool Photo via AP)
More
Much of that alienation afflicts working-class whites—the core of Trump’s base—who feel the country is moving on without them. This is a decades-long trend in which globalization and digitization devalue manual labor, with no easy alternatives for blue-collar workers seeing jobs disappear and living standards fall. Biden does have some plans to address the root problems, but they’re entrenched and it would be foolish to expect much progress in two or three or four years.

Political culture warriors like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley and much of the right-wing media will keep stoking these resentments, giving voters bogus bogeymen to blame their problems on and facile solutions like banning immigration or keeping trans folks out of restrooms. It’s obviously lucrative business for the likes of Fox News, and there’s a long line of cynical Republicans hoping to inherit Trump voters. Trump himself will no doubt return as some sort of sith culture lord.

real-human

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://news.yahoo.com/arkansas-republican-governor-praises-biden-183000186.html

Arkansas' Republican governor praises Biden administration's 'seamless' vaccine distribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 104, 105, 106  Next
Page 70 of 106

Jump to: