myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sailworks is making face shields for health care workers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Sailworks is making face shields for health care workers Reply with quote

Sailworks is making face shields for Oregon's medical community.

https://www.peconicpuffin.com/the_peconic_puffin/2020/03/sailworks-is-making-face-shields-for-oregons-health-ccare-community.html

Or check out Sailworks FB page or web site.

wsmtbskate

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

👍👍
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome. I have heard that some industries have done a change to make supporting medical supplies.
This is totally kool of Sailworks

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see more local small businesses joining the battle alongside the many global megacorps (e.g., General Motors and many bigger corps) and hundreds of mom-and-pops (e.g., a small Kennewick brewery) producing anywhere from hundreds to millions of everything from masks and sanitizers to ventilators.

The Army Corps of Engineers may bungle many projects, but when asked whether they could erect a 500-bed hospital with a few weeks, they produced a 3,000 bed hospital in less than 24 hours. Who sez the military is nothing but a gaggle of misfits?
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Glad to see more local small businesses joining the battle alongside. . . SNIP.

The Army Corps of Engineers may bungle many projects, but when asked whether they could erect a 500-bed hospital with a few weeks, they produced a 3,000 bed hospital in less than 24 hours. Who sez the military is nothing but a gaggle of misfits?

You.

isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
isobars wrote:
Who sez the military is nothing but a gaggle of misfits?

You.

If your lie didn't denigrate your nation's military personnel so egregiously and falsely, I'd ignore it. However, your implication that even a veteran says our military people suck leave me no choice, so ... SUBMIT.

Back it up, Dan, or be forever self-incriminated as a liar. My wife and I have always been extremely impressed by the vast majority of the many hundreds -- probably thousands -- of military personnel we have worked with. We've met very few comparable civilians, despite working with far more civilians than military throughout our combined 55 man-years careers working with the Air Force, Army, and Navy. Why on earth would you pull an accusation like that out of your ass, especially outside the political forum?

My God, but I can't comprehend how low some so-called "people" will stoop just to elicit a response, even at the expense of an otherwise uplifting thread and the finest major collection of human beings on the planet. I can't even IMAGINE what you'd say about our nation's first responders, who at least get to go home most nights.

$^&(#!%#&((^%!$^<>|}%@|*%(#>!
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isobars, I agree Dan Weiss made a mistake in his initial reaction to your post.

And I also somewhat agree with Dan that your "Who sez..." question appears very similar to the malicious innuendo which our president frequently uses.

I know you meant the "Who sez..." question as a direct complement to the military without any other innuendo.

And I know Dan Weiss well enough to believe he was caught off guard by what he thought was innuendo about the military in your question.

I like both you and Dan and hope both come to recognize each other as fellow windsurfers who strive to improve windsurfing.
bred2shred

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kudos to Sailworks and all the front line healthcare professionals working to help save American lives.

With such a dark time for our nation projected in the coming months, wouldn’t it be nice if this thread could be kept free of the typical personal and political attacks and remain a focus of positivity as I’m sure the original poster intended.

Again, thank you BP and Sailworks!

sm
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bred2shred wrote:
Kudos to Sailworks and all the front line healthcare professionals working to help save American lives.

With such a dark time for our nation projected in the coming months, wouldn’t it be nice if this thread could be kept free of the typical personal and political attacks and remain a focus of positivity as I’m sure the original poster intended.

Again, thank you BP and Sailworks!

sm

It is an unfortunate consequence of the "Web of Million Lies" ... the original poster brings to our attention a praise worthy initiative to produce medical supplies during a pandemic ... and we soon have to read rants about the greatness of the military compared to ... us ... non military people ... go figure Shocked
DelCarpenter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are all in this together. We do acknowledge, respect & cheer on the efforts of Sailworks in responding to this crisis.

And, though we are united in our love and support for windsurfing, we each have our own valuable personalities.

I’m somewhat a conciliator. If I was in the military I might have made a good chaplain. I’m also good at customer service or you might want me to talk to the other side in preliminary negotiations because I’m more likely to reduce anger than arouse it.

But conciliators like me are usually not passionate fighters. And often a passionate fighter is what is needed. When you need a passionate fighter both Isobars & Dan Weiss should be chosen before me.

Dan Weiss, I’m asking you to recognize you misunderstood a 20 year military veteran, and I’m asking you to publicly apologize for that misunderstanding.

Isobars, I’m asking you to publicly recognize Dan’s apology when it happens.

In addition, Dan & Isobars, I’m also asking both of you to also forgive & forget the current & past acrimony on both sides. That won’t be easy. But, as much forgiving & forgetting, as much moving forward as each can do will be personally helpful.

We are in this together. Windsurfing suffers when two passionate windsurfers fight each other. As much as possible relegate the differences of opinion to just disagreements. No matter how strong the opinion differences don’t let them become fights. Turn down the heat, avoid accusations. Remember always we in windsurfing are so few we can’t afford to chase each other away. We are so few we can’t afford to turn off any bystanders who might have joined us if we weren’t so belligerent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: